Who do you hate and why...

I hate thrash metal, it's a throwback to a decade that musically should never have existed.

WTF? You got to be joking.

Cradle of Filth's corpsepaint obsessed fans - was hilarious watchingt them at ozzfest 2002 when it rained, all of them were pissed off, white paint all over their clothes etc.. ha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Losers. I fucking hate that band so strongly.

None_So_Vile said:
Power metal - just too cheesy and in my view

Generic death metal like can.corpse - its just pointless and boring and often just as cheesy as power metal

modern punk - its all this lame, happy happy joy joy, sesame t-shirt wearing, stripey socks, whining about girlfriends crap which blatantly shows the spirit of punk has gone

Cradle of Filth's corpsepaint obsessed fans - was hilarious watchingt them at ozzfest 2002 when it rained, all of them were pissed off, white paint all over their clothes etc.. ha

Im done for now

I used to think power metal was cheesy and too funny, but now I'm an avid listener. Musically I just love the style. Lyrics still strike me as kinda dumb, but then I do listen to Bodom and you wanna talk bad lyrics?

I'll listen to Morbid Angel, but other than that all those bands just bore me. It's so boring to just sit and listen to 20 songs that all sound the same. It's okay to have a style to distinguish you form other bands, but when that style is monotonous repetition, c'mon...

There is no modern punk... punk really is dead. I used to be into punk, still drift back to it once in a while (AntiFlag, X, Black Flag, Germs, etc) but there's just been nothing truly punk that I've found since before the SoCal explosion (Offspring, Green Day, No Doubt).

And damn I wish I could've seen that at Ozzfest! I like some CoF and I love Emperor, black metal is awesome IMO, but there should be some public banning of painting yourself like that. They probably all went home crying cause their makeup was messy. Those are the same people who would crowd the corner of the lunch room in high school and all you could see was a big black and pale white blotch. And they would never stray from each other cause they knew they'd get their asses beat. (not mocking all goths, i've known some who were actually pretty cool people... just the people who take it all way too seriously)

Life Sucks said:
I hate the 80s glam metal bands, if you can even call that crap metal. I despise cock rock; I'd rather listen to nu-metal.

Motley Crue is great though. Cock Rock and Nu Mteal are basially the same thing just a different decade.

I hate bands like Poison who tried to copy Motley Crue. Pop punk is very annoying.

nergal_S said:
Only thing i hate about metal is
Hard core kids coming to metal shows thats all.

You know whats worse than hardcore kids coming to metal shows? EMO kids coming to metal shows, and it does happen on occasion. those two scenes are slowly becoming one scene anyway, so it doesnt matter any more. The funny thing is that like in my freshman year in high school i was a full blown metal head, then i got relaly into hardcore for whatever reason and stopped listening to metal entirely (bad move i know), then i just grew out of hardcore, luckily metal took me back into her loving arms hahaha. Ive been part of the hardcore crowd though, and there isnt a decent human being among any hardcore kids anymore, it has now become all about who you know and how many dicks you have sucked. Like when killswitch engage opened up for in flames a year back, the singer made sure to name drop like 20 NJ hardcore scenestars, it was retarted.

Hatebreed,Shadows Fall,Killswitch,emo,fake punk,punk,Cradle Of Filth (Dani bothers the fucking hell out of me). All of this Hardcore shit.

People who mock others like myself for liking Opeth/Darktranquillity/Anathema/Dan Swano/ and anything that is more talented than Linkin Park.

We should protest to make it a law that no hard core bands are to open for metal bands, (you never see a metal band open for a hard core band LOL)
and no hard core kids let into metal shows.

HAHAHA, yeah that is so true tho. I fucking hate it when a god damn damn hardcore band opens for a really good Metal band, especially Death Metal. It makes me pissed off, and puts me out of the mood to hear good Metal.

Hardcore kids are equally as annoying with their weird mosh pit antics.

o_O

I particularly hate punk rock, hard core and nu metal.. those people think they know shit loads about what metal is but what the fuck do they know, eh?

I do enjoy some Cradle of Filth songs, but I don't actually like them... I especially dislike Dani Filth :yuk:

I also hate people who fucking think they listen to cool music and insult metal.. go listen to their shit music, fine, but don't they dare insult ours!

I hate the Pope!! That fucking prick think he is the son of God???...
oh yeah... MUSIC!!!!

well.. i hate with all my guts the Happy Punk or pop punk.. or whatever you wanna call that shit... Like somebody said before on this thread... the truly spirit of punk its gone....
Those mofos from "good charlote"... what kind of shit is that??? gay music??? fuck that!!!.. singing like a bunch of horny bitches looking for a big dildo to put into their assholes....

Some other ones... Those who say something like: If its not brutal, then it sux.... If its not underground, then its a sellout. If it has more than 100 fans= Sellout .... if it has a record on CD and not on tape= Sellout... that really pisses me off.

The Hammer said:
Hail,
write here the name of those you hate into the metal world and write why you hate them!

I hate all those nu-metal bands.THAT'S NOT METAL AT ALL!
Too many persons think that metal is Slipknot,Lionkin Park and so on...
but they are wrong and it's my war to tell them the holy truth!

metal cheers

THE HAMMER

in flames - reroute to remain, although i loved everything else.

chris barnes - six feet under: pretty much "the blink 182 of death metal" - quote.

nu-metal - not metal at all.

nu metal fans - the most misinformed group of human beings ever.

metallica - come on, did anybody see this one coming, lol. seriously, i don't like metallica b/c they have created nothing but pure garbage albums, plus the whole hype of st. anger was just pathetic.

metallica fans (current ones) - my goodness, if there ever was brown nosing in the world wide metal community, these people are it.

dave mustaine - he needs a reality check about the albums he creates, although he is considered to be the lesser of two evils.

fear factory - once great musicians reduced to nothing more than mere fools.

roadrunner records - once a great label, now reduced to the level of clone generating deals.

jon schaffer - don't get me wrong, he has my highest respect for what he does, but frankly, his obsession to open for metallica is the one thing that makes him look bad. jon, fuck metallica and create your own legacy, you will eventually get there.

christcrusher said:
HAHAHA, yeah that is so true tho. I fucking hate it when a god damn damn hardcore band opens for a really good Metal band, especially Death Metal. It makes me pissed off, and puts me out of the mood to hear good Metal.

Hardcore kids are equally as annoying with their weird mosh pit antics.

Bust their ass. I went to a Pantera/Wrathchild America concert quite a few years ago and some stupid skin-head kept stage diving "combat boot" first and trying to hurt people. After watching him throughout the night, I finally caught him unaware in the pit and "Bear" Bryant would have been proud at the lick I gave him. I buried my left shoulder right at the base of his sternum and lifted him off the floor about 6 inches. I didn't knock him down, but did even better. He went and sat down after that. That is the only time I have ever tried to hurt someone in a pit though.

Bryant

Lamia The Great said:
Most people wouldn't even think I like metal if I don't wear metal teeshirts. It's kinda nice sometimes to see the look of absolute horror on their faces when I talk about how great metal is :D

As I said before, I live in Alabama. Most people think Alabama = rednecks and country music, but the truth is Alabama = rednecks and a bunch of Southern Rock/Classic Rock and even some classic metal. Bama definitely has it's share of country music fans, but I can drive out to a popular swimming hole (I live fairly close to a good sized lake) where the red-necks hang out and more often than not, the local classic rock radio station is blasting in someone's Ford pick-up or maybe even an AC/DC CD. If no one is listening to music, I can open the windows with Slayer (for example) blasting and they don't usually even look my way.
If I run out of beer (which is very rare) I can always bum one from the redneck parked next to me (though I would have to drink the macro shit.) When the red-necks get drunk, they'll even come up to you and start a conversation. They could give a shit less if I talked about metal, aliens or the price of squid in Japan.

Bryant

WHO - WHY

COF - Dani filth vox

Slipknot - boring, 3 chord playing, drop d, mask wearing, lamers (not saying drop d is bad but it could be used better)

Disturbed - EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM

POD - rap fused, nu metal wanna be garbage

CBT - toilet vox with lame ass guitar riffs, boring

mudvayne - just because they annoy me(although better than slipknot)

*Testament - because they cancled a show I was going to go to before I had to leave for korea

*i don't really hate Testament

nergal_S said:
We should protest to make it a law that no hard core bands are to open for metal bands, (you never see a metal band open for a hard core band LOL)
and no hard core kids let into metal shows.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is hardcore? :erk:

genres are a pain inthe ass, I always fuck them up, I guess hardcore has more groove then metal and maybe less evil based lyrics??? I'm probably wrong as usual :lol:

I hate a lot about metal. Probably too much to list here, but I'll list a few.

1. The "metal scene" itself. It's full of pompous newbie fanboys and people who make it their life goal to be different. They never realize that by being "different", they are only placing themselves into another group of similar like-minded people. I'm glad I don't consider myself among their ranks.

2. Metalheads who constantly complain about hardcore music. This is similar to the homophobe who constantly complains about homosexuals, only to find out he is gay in the end.

3. Newbies that act like they know everything.

4. Fanboys.

5. Power metal