the "why do you hate pantera" thread

i only think that they are an overrated band...

as always in the metal field..

when COWBOYS FROM HELL goes out i have buy it and when i listen to it i immediately realize that they are crap...

i think dimebag is a mediocre guitar player and anselmo an idiot who try to copy mike patton's geniality...

when they play live is always a disaster ,they are always drunken and lost tempos and intonation frequently...

a fuckin' disaster,man!

:zombie:

Pantera are ohkay in my book, but I much prefer Down and Superjoint Ritual.

Technically, neither of those are his side projects, but side projects of Jimmy Bower of EYEHATEGOD/Crowbar.

Bah, nobody wants to step up the plate here and full on hate, so here goes:

Fuck Pantera and every offshoot Anselmo band as well. Besides the fact that they are individually all turds, they generate dumbed down, lowest common denominator metal.

Ah... that felt good.

I'll always be a Pantera fan, because their early shit was in heavy rotation when I was young and the best concerts I've ever been to were Pantera shows. They're attitude rocks and VP kicks the shit outta the drums. I agree their newer stuff is watered down, but I have no reason to hate them unless I'm trying to prove to others that I'm too underground to like them. :D Pantera fans are always very loyal and I've met a bunch of cool people in the pit. SMOKE ACID!!

I agree to an extent..I like Pantera because they were the first real metal I ever got into..and they just have some classic songs close my heart..I just don't see how anyone could dislike a song like Floods or Mouth For War. Phil, however, has become a serious fucking prick with a head way too big for his fucking shoulders. He talks of Down II like it's the messiah for music these days which is complete bullshit. If I had it my way..Kirk would be back writing for Crowbar, Bower would be making a new Eyehategod album..and Phil would quit wasting his time with mediocre projects and make another classic Pantera album..if he's even got it in him..Reinventing left ALOT to be desired..it's alright but it has this very unmotivated, uninspired feeling to it..it's got nothing on Trendkill and especially nothing on Far Beyond Driven..Down and Superjoint have their moments with me...ultimately, I just wish for another Pantera album with that classic fury that it once was..

Pantera was one of the first metal bands I got into, about 10 years ago, and I love all their stuff. Far Beyond Driven is a masterpiece and the first Down album was simply incredible. However, Down II was boring as hell and Superjoint Ritual was just... bad. Absolutely nothing memorable about it.

ya! fuck down and fuck sjr. horrible shitty fucking bands, both. and i know what you mean about phil talking about down 2 being the best album hes ever done. fuck that. just because he says that, all the pantera fans think the album is awesome. i guarantee that if phil said he was disappointed with down then the fans would agree. brainwashed fools!

I can think of many reasons why some hate Pantera:

1. They are a big band that sold a lot of records and they're afraid liking them will make them look trendy (what bullshit)
2. Phil Anselmo acts pretty arrogant and tough. I can't deny it.
3. Just don't like the music.
4. They're drunk white trash. :lol: I can't deny this either.
5. They used to be hair/glam metal.
6. "They're not heavy enough for brutal old me".

I love Pantera. Catchy, powerful, straight forward heavy metal with a vocalist with range and lung power. Many say they lost it after Vulgar Display of Power but I totally disagree with this since I love all their metal albums each on their own way. Their earlier works I think are more catchy and their later works are still catchy but a lot more darker and heavier.

About Anselmo's sideproject bands... I love Down's southern rock kind of metal stuff and I liked Down II a lot. Superjoint Ritual's raw and simple heavy metal is pretty fun to listen to but it can get pretty boring fast. I heard some of his other projects but didn't like it as much. Anselmo's putting to much into his side projects, even though I like some of them I think he should just concentrate on making another Pantera album.

jester00 said:
its a drill into someones forehead...

not their anus!

Ummm, this is actually the cover I was talking about.

farbutt.jpg

got banned in the US, actually. But I have a copy of it:D

dimensionidol said:
when they play live is always a disaster ,they are always drunken and lost tempos and intonation frequently...

a fuckin' disaster,man!

:zombie:

Bullshit dude..I've seen them live 3 times and they were about as tight as it gets with their material. I dunno wtf you're talking about.