the "why do you hate pantera" thread

It was VERY glame.
Power metal was simply the name of one of their older albums.
For God's sake, Dimebag used to be called Diamond.

What a man's man!

They used to dress like those losers in glam/hair metal. Good thing they ditched it and just went metal.

Pantera doesn't bother me as a whole. Phil is an extremely annoying man in the world of metal, I think if he quit trying to pass himself off as a multiple personality joke, he could do some great work.

I never could see the big deal over ' Power Metal '

Devy_Metal said:
It seems like either people love them to death or fucking hate them with a passion.

I used to like them but moved on to much better bands. I think Phil Anselmo has his good qualities...he's really passionate about metal, which is cool, but I cant stand any of these "side projects" he does. Trying to cash in with a shitty pseudo black metal band, crappy 70's rock shit with Down and all the other crappy shit like Viking crown and Eibon etc. That's what I hate. Their fans really piss me off too. Anything Phil does or puts out they automatically love and they severly over rate him as a musician. He sings for a bunch of bands and writes really weak riffs for Down. Wow, impressive.

I still love them even though Reinventing was sub par. Down I dont consider trying to "cash in". Viking Crown was a one time deal and it did suck terribly. Eibon has a couple decent songs but I dont see it being completed anytime soon. About their fans I have to agree that the majority of them are redneck metal wannabes. I see Phil sticking with Down now because I think that is more what he wants to do now. More power to him because IMO Down is 10x better than the last Pantera album.

Soilent Goat said:
Bullshit dude..I've seen them live 3 times and they were about as tight as it gets with their material. I dunno wtf you're talking about.

The two times I saw them they werent drunk and Phil wasnt rambling on like so many say he does. *which I know some shows he has* They played very well and put on a very energetic show.

blakmetalemp said:
I see Phil sticking with Down now because I think that is more what he wants to do now. More power to him because IMO Down is 10x better than the last Pantera album.

down as their poor mental conditions....

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif