What nu-metal do you like?

At least he plays solos unlike the hmm..... lets see.... 100% of nu-metal bands out there. Not that I'm saying all bands need solos, its just that I give respect to Godsmack for that.

I usually hate the term nu-metal because it puts absolute crap like Limp Bizkit and P.O.D. in the same category with talented bands like Mudvayne....

I really like Mudvayne, they are really talented (especially the bassist) and I hate calling them nu-metal.

Other tolerable bands for me are.... Godsmack, Papa Roach (stuff off their new album), and Slipknot are okay. Iowa did get me into really heavy music after all. I've only heard one Mushroomhead song (solitaire unraveling), but I thought it was pretty good.... they had excellent use of keyboards in the song.

Reactions: SculptedCold
LoL, thanks. ;o)

I've heard that Otep are crap, but I've never heard anything by them so I don't have an opinion. I must say, although I very much enjoy the nu-metal bands I listed earlier, i'm limited in that respect. It didn't take long for me to make the transition from nu-metal to underground metal, and when that happened I pretty much stopped exploring the nu-metal scene and just stuck faithfully to what I knew and liked from the past. That's pretty much what it's like for meh now. I like a lot of dance music, pop music and a hell of a lot of classic rock and soul, but those are all from memory and nostalgia; the only genre I actively explore nowadays is underground metal. Though, I suppose it is easy enough to hear new nu-metal bands...who knows, I might backstep a little and see if anything interesting has happened since I left. =)

(or then again, maybe not. :p )

Anyone who refers to Tool as nu-metal is a fucking idiot, plain and simple. And A Perfect Circle nu-metal?:OMG: Has everyone forgotten a music genre called "rock"? Everyone is so fucking nu-metal phobic nowadays.

I know. Everybody labels a band nu-metal automatically when they are mainstream and when nu-metal fans start liking that particular band.

Immortality said:
Anyone who refers to Tool as nu-metal is a fucking idiot, plain and simple. And A Perfect Circle nu-metal?:OMG: Has everyone forgotten a music genre called "rock"? Everyone is so fucking nu-metal phobic nowadays.

ahhaahahahaha! really! it's so damn true man. I see it all over the place.

By they way, Godsmack are one of the more decent bands in the mainstream right now. I rather listen to them than fucking bands like Linkin Park and Saliva you know.

MURAI said:
By they way, Godsmack are one of the more decent bands in the mainstream right now. I rather listen to them than fucking bands like Linkin Park and Saliva you know.

Dude you are sooo fukin right I'm not by any means a big fan of Godsmack
But at least they know how to rock....... I can get into them where with bands like Stinkin Fart or Stinkubus I cannot.........Soils still my fav. though........them and godsmack are as close to oldschool as Nu-Metal gets

Uh...I typed out a long post but then it didn't work and I'm not doing it again:erk:

That new Linkin Park song (bite me)
Mudvayne

not much more nu metal but hardcore and hard rock are different stories

I admit I liked a little bit of KoRn at one time. Not anymore!
A few songs by Deftones...except they aren't really nu-metal.