Nu-Metal...(if you hate nu-metal read on)

sometimes I just want to kill people. trendy people. there is 2 reasons:

1. even how narrowminded this may sound, they annoy and irritate just by being within my sight
2. I feel sorry for them and by killing them, I'm releasing them from their missery

nu-metal is one of those trends. and yeah I know people have the right to listen to what the fuck they want, but trends will allways be a pain in the arse for me and probably others as well. so all of you who listen to nu-metal because MTV says so can go sit in some dark corner and stay there

BLAAAH!

Reactions: Ergol The Ineffable
Ravnanger said:
sometimes I just want to kill people. trendy people. there is 2 reasons:

1. even how narrowminded this may sound, they annoy and irritate just by being within my sight
2. I feel sorry for them and by killing them, I'm releasing them from their missery

nu-metal is one of those trends. and yeah I know people have the right to listen to what the fuck they want, but trends will allways be a pain in the arse for me and probably others as well. so all of you who listen to nu-metal because MTV says so can go sit in some dark corner and stay there

BLAAAH!
Haven't you noticed that among the underground genre loving people it is extremely cool to be uncool and that is a trend as well.

Oh and for AjDeath:
Definiton for hubris: "Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance"
There. Each wore will do.
Peace...

OoDee

LuminousAether said:
Nu metal for unintelligent people? Oh puh-leeze. Get off your fucking high horse. That is pure bullshit.

Exactly. =) There may be genres of music that tend to attract more intelligent people, but no music by itself requires intelligence to be enjoyed. That's just a thick idea.

Metal is exclusively for pedophiles and chefs. Anyone who deviates from said path is both a sell-out and a trendhead.
Go back to Gap while I have my way with this lifesized gingerbread model of Macaulay Culkin.

well I hate everyone who tries to be something they are not. Can't people just shut the fuck up and be themselves and stop thinking this is a movie that they have to play the best part in???

And I hate MTV's coverage of "metal" and "rock" (and this goes to all kids watching mtv also). They think they know. They think they are metalheads. They think they are rockers or punks... just by watching MTV and by the records they promote. It's sad to be a witness in this case.
You will never know anything about good music by watching MTV cause they only know what the record companies throw at them, and they throw it back to you!!!!

well I have a problem finding the right words in an argument and I have a problem getting what I have in my mind out of my mouth, but I guess you understand what I'm complaining about?

Linkin Park will never be metal in my ears. An those who listen to it will never be metalheads in my eyes. BLAH!

OoDee said:
Haven't you noticed that among the underground genre loving people it is extremely cool to be uncool and that is a trend as well.

Oh and for AjDeath:
Definiton for hubris: "Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance"
There. Each wore will do.
Peace...

OoDee
@ OoDee Hubris:arrogance cuased by escessive pride.

I did look it up to be sure the first time, different dictionaries I guess.

Nu-metal is not a genre for geniuses, it really isn't a genre for good music, yeah, it's friggin catchy so what? I don't care what everybody likes and I don't want to cause a fuckin stink because some people think that because someone is saying something against Nu-metal they are saying something against them personally, it's called growing up, and I suggest all party's involved do so, it will happen sooner or later anyway, why not start the growing and learning process now?

LuminousAether said:
Nu metal for unintelligent people? Oh puh-leeze. Get off your fucking high horse. That is pure bullshit.

Definitive nu-metal is for me, Limp Bizkit. A guy, who obviously has no coherance with his first language (English), used his 'macho' image and his angsty attitude to gain fans.

Those who like music for the image or the attitude, are, for me, 'unintelligent'. Limp Bizkit have no talent with their instruments, their song-writing is absolutely diabolical....Truly, do you know someone whom you would consider 'intelligent' who likes Limp Bizkit? Of course it's all perception, and the music probably sounds fine to most of the fans, and that's ok. I'm not putting them down. But people whom I would call 'unintelligent' tend to be people I don't like, and the music in question represents it, to my ears.

Of course, you probably define the word 'intelligence' differently to me and that's fine. You also doubtlessly define 'nu-metal' differently, and that's fine too.

The state of overbearing pride: Foolish arrogance.

OoDee

'overbearing pride'? No, you just percieve things differently, and define things differently. I'm actually one of those elitist-hating people who is open-minded, and listens to some music that has been called 'nu metal' (although I disagree that the term applies in these cases). I don't claim to be intelligent in other people's eyes, I can only speak as a 14 year old who's unimpressed with those around him.

Exactly. =) There may be genres of music that tend to attract more intelligent people, but no music by itself requires intelligence to be enjoyed. That's just a thick idea.

Hm. I said nothing about it requiring intelligence. I just said that the music, on the whole, comes across as being unintelligent, as do the fans of the genre. I've explained my statement more clearly above, I withdraw the first post, it was arrogant and pointless.