Nu Metal singers- Are they a major reason for Nu-Metals Popularity?

SculptedCold said:
bleh, /me wubs some nu-metal.

LOL! No offense meant BTW, You like what you like and...wait a minute, are you being sarcastic, Silly? If not then, well, it is your life live it the way you want to, I certainly do.

AjDeath said:
I am in total agreement with you, but these people really like to argue about it, my point is this, this genre,Nu-metal, or whatever you want to call it is VERY boring, most of these bands can't be bothered to even write interestingly at the compositional level, let alone arranging. There is no craft to it songwriting wise, I have yet to here a decently written commercial radio metal song, people enjoy it because it is very unchallenging to them, it is comfortable. they here something they like, so when the next band comes along and is exactly that same, they already know they are going to like it, the choice is taken away from them, in my life, along with expereience and study,music defines who I am as a person, when the choice of soemthing as important as your individual taste is taken away from you, what have we left but nothing, let's face it, individual taste is what life has become, which is a good thing IMO, but with ClearChannel controlling the airwaves all we get is angsty unenlightened rubish with every band writing the same lyrics, the same guitar sound, the same song structures, it is just fluff, an unintelligent interminable sound of mediocracy. Thought is being taken away from us, and it saddens me.

It might look "sad" - but, really, I see no problem with most of real metal staying underground (or out of ClearChannel's/MTV's reach). But, again, in my opinion, I think some stuff in Nu-Metal scene is worth listening to, and that's my personal opinion and taste. I like System of a Down, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Slipknot.. And I tend to go for "a little of this band, a little of that" - like with Disturbed, Killswitch E., Stone Sour, etc. And people have called me a "metal poser" for this - but, then again, if I decided to stop listening to these bands simply because of this nagging bullshit - I would've become a real poser. And I ain't since I'm honest about it.

Nu-Metal is diverse. Some see no difference between Limp Bizkit and System of a Down. That's also sad.

Shell Shock said:
It might look "sad" - but, really, I see no problem with most of real metal staying underground (or out of ClearChannel's/MTV's reach). But, again, in my opinion, I think some stuff in Nu-Metal scene is worth listening to, and that's my personal opinion and taste. I like System of a Down, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Slipknot.. And I tend to go for "a little of this band, a little of that" - like with Disturbed, Killswitch E., Stone Sour, etc. And people have called me a "metal poser" for this - but, then again, if I decided to stop listening to these bands simply because of this nagging bullshit - I would've become a real poser. And I ain't since I'm honest about it.

Nu-Metal is diverse. Some see no difference between Limp Bizkit and System of a Down. That's also sad.

You missed my point completely there palsy :) WHile I don't listen to comra-metal, I listen to a lot of other genres devotedly, I have listed some of those bands in this topic somewhere, but here are some of the genres and or bands again; All metal except for Comra, Hardcore, and Black. Classical, I love classical, esp. Beethoven, early Mozart, Brahms, Chopin, Segovia, Bach, and Rachmaninov--60's pop(aka The Beatles etc) 70's hard rock, Led Zeppelin are one of the bands I can't live without. 80's pop, most notably Sting, The Police, Early U2. 90's rock early Nirvana, all Pearl Jam, early Stone Temple Pilots, GnR. Jazz- esp. Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, Bill Evans, Bluegrass, which is a rarified metal country mix, or just really fast country. Hip Hop- Early Beasty Boys and PE are it in this genre I am sure there is more, but I have a brain fart.

Anyways my point is not that listening to Comra-metal is a bad thing, I just think it is a bad thing that everine listens to it because it is on the radio or eMpTy V. A decision based on popularity, which is usually the case, is very, well, empty, I make my own decisions, I don't let a box, or a speaker influence me, just like I don't let my friends inflience me, I influence myself, NOW, my MAIN point, variety is the spice of life, it is what life has come down to in this era, when the choice is taken away from you like it is, it is just another loss of humanity, and humanity cannot afford many more losses, in this case, forcing people to like only what the can see is causing humanity to blindly follow the trends, whatever they may be, it's all about the media, look at this rampant scourge of blind patriotism, I beleive the less choices we have, the less free we will be, and when people tell me we have more freedom in this country now, more than at anyother point in our history, I laugh because we are not free, WE ARE ENSLAVED NOW!