Nu-metal that you can tolerate

Devil Driver.. hmm. I've haven't yet had the balls to check these guys out yet, mainly because of the association with Coal Chamber. Are they good, or what?

Devil Driver.. hmm. I've haven't yet had the balls to check these guys out yet, mainly because of the association with Coal Chamber. Are they good, or what?

They're good as far as nu-metal. And I never liked Coal Chamber.

I wouldn't call Rammstein Nu-Metal, Rammstein is Highly Commercial Industrial :-D

Half of these I don't consider nu-metal, but here goes:

Rammstein
Fear Factory
Marilyn Manson
Soad (actually, I'll just give them credit for being original)

Nihilistic said:
They're like CC with occasionally melodic guitarwork and double bass.

Necro Joe said:
Well it looks like I've been well and truly pwned. Good for you kiddo.
Don't feel bad, man. Everyone has their own opinion about everything. If you don't like nu-metal, that's fine. I just hope you understand that some people honestly get something out of it, and that's okay. One can be erudite and still enjoy something classed as shallow.

I still like some nu-metal now but I am not the big nu-metal junkie I was 4 years ago. Nu-metal is pretty weak compared to other types of metal though.

LuminousAether said:
early Incubus
The Apex Theory
36 Crazyfists
Glassjaw (not really nu metal, but related)
early Deftones
I like some of the bands you listed there. I wont say Glassjaw has anything to do with nu-metal though. :err:

36 Crazy Fists - Similar feel to Deftones and Glassjaw. They're pretty good.
Deftones - Around The Fur is a good album, I've been listening to it for years.
Nothingface - Straightforward work with no wigger rapping and that bullshit.
Slipknot - Probably one of the most aggressive bands and nu-metal whether you hate them or love them. I like some of their music but they should stop trying so hard to shock people.

But I can't fucking believe some of you saying you like songs from bands like Papa Roach and Linkin Park. They're fucking whiney, worthless rip offs.