Nu-metal that you can tolerate

i wasn't saying Fear Factory were nu-metal.I was saying that Obsolete and Digmortal were nu-metal (though that's not to say they were crap) i could be wrong there

i like a few limp bizkit jingles, SOAD is pretty decent, some of the slower linkin park songs were they go more 'soft rock' i guess youd say instead of trying to be the ultra chunky semi-metal band, i hate the songs that they try to be all hard on, but the songs wehre they rely more on vox and techno i like more, thats about all i can stomach, but ive got so many other cds i need to buy that i wont be buying any nu-metal cds probably ever, unless its something like audioslave, i actually get into them and queens of the stoneage.

ff = industrial influences - not nu-metal.

i dont mind slipknots first album
soad are good
sevendust?? nu-metal?? i dont know what genre their earlier albums were, but i wouldnt have thought nu-metal. anyway i didnt mind some of their earlier stuff either.

ones i particularly hate incl: korn, limp-dick-kit, mudvayne, puddle of mud and drowning pool. i also find disturbed annoying, but i dont hate them.

I can't see how people tolerate Disturbed. They irritate me to know end.

Anyway, i'm a fan of SoaD, about the only nu-metal band I can stand.

Early Deftones, everything Incubus, Mudvayne, Sevendust (Morgan Rose is exactly on every beat and everything is exactly timed, somethign I haven't seen from bands in awhile. He's a very technical drummer), Audiovent because they sound a lot like Incubus and the guitarist/brother duo is Mike Einziger and Brandon Boyd's little brothers (seriously, they are), the old days of Limp Bizkit on $3 Bill Y'All and some tracks off of Significant Other, all of Linkin Park's first album basically (guilty pleasure there) and some songs off of Meteora but not the remix album with all the hip hop crap, a tiny bit of Godsmack, and -gasp- dare I say it... Creed. I was intrigued with Tremonti's riffs and stuff for awhile especially on My Own Prison. My Own Prison was how they should have stayed... so ya I like some nu-metal as people title it nowadays, but these are the only ones.

and btw whoever said trust company seriously needs to rethink that one haha. The lead singer sounds like he got kicked in the balls many times as a kid because his voice is so damn high and their music is so monotonous it's no wonder they got booed every time they went on at Ozzfest.

The first Mudvayne album was good
Slipknot self-titled was what got me into the heavier side of music
Limp Bizkit's new album isn't actually all that bad until Fred Durst opens his mouth.
System of a Down, I like em :)
Korn's first album was alright until Jon Davis opened his mouth.

As you can tell, not a big fan of "nu-metal" vocalists.

Digimortal was borderline nu-metal. The rest of their material isn't (I suppose a case could be made forObsolete, but I wouldn't buy it). I only mentioned it because the thread maker brought them up.

It's funny what this thread proves. I don't have my finger on it, but the hatred for nu-metal seems to stem from pressure from hardcore elitists or death metal/progressive fans. Jeez, I wonder what the big deal is. You'd think that caveman bullshit like Deicide or Cannibal Corpse would appeal to posers or little kids more than complex bands such as Mudvayne or Mushroomhead. And prog bands aren't without their share of cheesiness and quirks. I see a lot of things better in a 3-minute Disturbed song than a 17-minute Yes one, and I like Yes.

When you call someone a nu-metal fan, they get all defensive. You shouldn't. No one says you have to listen to ONE style of music. It's okay to listen to nu-metal, because chances are you listen to something else. I've never met a pure power metal fan, either.

On the Opeth board, I admitted to liking some Limp Bizkit songs(the dumb juggernaut-type tracks like Rollin' as someone put it). It seemed like people lost all respect for me.

It's fear. An unnatural fear of liking something slightly mainstream. Look at all the posters who admitted to liking nu-metal bands. Shouldn't the atmosphere be a little more relaxed now?

And something I've been saying all along has been proven. People have different tastes. Some people like Disturbed. Others don't. It's how it should be. The fact that they're "nu-metal" should be irrelevant. And, Sevendust and Mudvayne aren't nu-metal! I'm glad some people finally said it...

BTW, Digimortal may seem like nu-metal to some, but here's the question:

When I first heard Digimortal, I almost couldn't handle it. It's so heavy it makes Korn sound soft by comparison. The drumming is so insane I originally thought it was a marching band or jackhammer sample on one song. Bell has more power in one word than Corey Taylor on every Slipknot song put together.

Nu-metal? No. It's awfully mainstream for FF, but that's what they were going for. There were no Celine Dion duets or production courtesy of the Neptunes. B-Real(a very \m/ rapper if you ask me) made a guest appearance, and everyone flipped out. Does everyone not hear how fuckin' heavy the riffs in Back The Fuck Up are?

Just a personal peeve, is all. I like the album better than SoaNM and Obsolete.