What nu-metal do you like?

Bands in this genre that I respect:

-Taproot
-System of a Down
-Mudvayne (sometimes)
-Deftones
-Fear Factory (I view Demanufacture as Nu metal / Industrial)

I listened to Slipknot's first EP (Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat), and it was surprisingly good.

I dont really see them as metal at all, but I'll mention Slipknot anyway, my favorite band, I couldnt care what people think about them.. the #1 in my list :) lots of members are very talented.

Stone Sour, I love stone sour, brilliant band, same singer and rhythm guitarist from Slipknot, every member in this band i talented in some way

Mudvayne, I listen to a bit, I downloaded their albums but I'm not really into them bar a few good songs. their songs consist of a lot of bass, and they so happen to have a very good bassist, good singer, good drummer

Hundred Reasons, I dont know if they are numetal or not, but they are brilliant.. pretty original

Papa Roach, I love their stuff more on the new album, and they have some brilliant demos like Orange Palm Drives but they dont have any real outstanding talent
a band being numetal doesnt annoy me, its when they have the gay attitude that no one likes (not homosexual gay :p) or respects is what annoys me...

I listen to a lot of the bands already listed in this thread, so I'll just name a few that haven't been listed yet.

Sevendust
Coal Chamber
Nonpoint
Ultraspank
Spineshank
40 Grit

Also I should add, System of a Down is one of the best bands I've ever seen live.

System Of A Down-if they're considered nu-metal, they're my favorite in the genre

Korn-I like everything except the newest album which does nothing for me.

Disturbed-Their first album has some decent stuff on it and I haven't heard the second one. They're ok.

Slipknot-I love the first album, but their second album was kind of a letdown in my opinion!

Marilyn Manson-I don't really know if he is considered nu-metal, but if so I would rank hist stuff second only to System for favorites in the genre.

HED(pe)-In my opinion the best rap/metal mix I have ever heard. Great live too!

Deftones-Not really what I would call nu-metal anymore, but another band I like.

Soil-Good stuff, I think the singer is pretty talented.

Linkin Park (Bite me, they have good melody and a decent vocalist. The rapper guy needs to fuck off though)

*BITES EVERYONE*. I hate that fucking band so much. They're one of the shittiest nu-metal groups ever along with Papa Roach man.

I hate alot of them but I do like some nu-metal but it's pretty limited in technical skill though. I used to listen to it alot but now I listen to you know the real heavy metal (Obituary, Pantera, Slayer etc) more.

36 Crazy Fists - Awesome breakdown and memorable melodies. Maybe they sound similar to Glassjaw and the Deftones
American Head Charge - They got some aggression and that's cool but they get so monotone.
Deftones - Yes, I love their Around The Fur album. Moreno sounds whiney at times but at times that suits the music.
Slipknot - Yeah yeah I know. I love Slipknot. The most aggressive band in nu-metal. Problem is that they try to hard to seem scary to others but hey.
Stone Sour - That Bother song is pretty moving but their other songs don't sound too interesting. Just sounds like not-so-aggressive version of Slipknot.
System Of A Down - Just interesting.

nu-metal I like? Since that's the "scene" that led me into liking metal, I have plenty:

Slipknot - not much of a fan of "Iowa" and the mallcore following is annoying but whatever.

Linkin Park - So what if they're mainstream? I'm a fan of 'em. The mixture of rap into the music is great (note, I'm really into 311..so I like the rap-rock mix when done well).

Mudvayne
Evanescence (if they're even nu-metal)
deftones (have liked 'em since high school a while ago)
Spineshank
Nothingface
Factory81
Taproot
Godsmack (like 'em every so often)
One Minute Silence

and other crap I can't remember. Oh and Glassjaw is nowhere NEAR being nu-metal. Neither is Tool or A Perfect Circle, I believe.

Glassjaw isn't nu metal, per se... but they are definitely very related and they have a quite big nu metal influence. I would call them a mixture of emo and nu metal, almost like Deftones mixed with an emo band. They also have elements of the Incubus sound too, especially in their softer songs.

I'd like to think that glassjaw are more along the lines of being screamo-core..or near it, at least. In between being emocore and melodic hardcore or that post-hardcore BS. Too many fucking labels nowadays..ugh.

Harp Heaven said:
First off: if you were planning to post "it all sux", "i only listen teh tr00 shit", then jerk off.

I know a lot of people here hate nu-metal with a passion, and I partially agree with them. There is a lot of trite, boring and repetitive shit going on in the genre, where most of the bands are just jumping on the bandwagon for "ho$ and cash". But still, some bands make an effort to put out some, in my opinion, good music. These are

System of a Down
Mudvayne

and some of Slipknots stuff isn`t that bad. What about you?

Here's a couple:
Disturbed-I know. So Stone me to death!
Godsmack-Are they really Nu Metal?
And I guess now Metallica!:p