Hate towards nu-metal

Ullimann

New Metal Member
Oct 30, 2019
I’ve seen ALOT of hate towards nu-metal(and it’s absolutely justified) but what i can’t understand is, if everybody hates it. Why the fuck is it stil everywhere??

I’ve seen ALOT of hate towards nu-metal(and it’s absolutely justified) but what i can’t understand is, if everybody hates it. Why the fuck is it stil everywhere??
Not everybody hates it. Nu metal fans are usually people who care casual music listeners. The major nu metal bands still sell records and sell out venues, so their fanbase is a well established group.

The hate or indifference comes from people that has higher standards for metal.

Let's be honest, nu metal is very poor musically speaking. Everything it offers can be found in better shapes from metal genres.

Nu Metal is a bullshit term anyhow.
I think its justifiable, but not every nu-metal band sucks ass. Especially those who would go and eschew the nu metal elements on later stuff.

Reactions: Ullimann
nu-metal does this to me...
giphy.gif

Reactions: CiG and Sophii
I'm probably one of the only less-casual metal fans who doesn't hate nu-metal. And I don't think the hate is justified at all, I think a lot of folks tend to be aggressively pro-organic sound and nu-metal tends to have more synthesizers in general. There's also a bit more rap influence, and rock/metal fans in general have some kind of star wars/star trek problem with rap.

Korn is kool, fight me. So is Static-X.

Reactions: Sophii
I'm curious what the problem with nu-metal is then. What I disagree with, and why I feel the need to defend, is the discounting of an entire genre. So to talk shit, you need to have specific identifying features you dislike.

In short, I have always found the vocalists in nu-metal to be the biggest barrier of entry for me. They all seem to sound so goofy and fucking retarded, it doesn't help that musically they're usually pretty mediocre and overproduced either.

If I remember which convo it was in I'll quote it, but I'm sure you've said something about not liking alt-metal in general.