Who do you hate and why...

The Hammer

Thrasher
Jul 13, 2002
Italy
members.xoom.virgilio.it
Hail,
write here the name of those you hate into the metal world and write why you hate them!

I hate all those nu-metal bands.THAT'S NOT METAL AT ALL!
Too many persons think that metal is Slipknot,Lionkin Park and so on...
but they are wrong and it's my war to tell them the holy truth!

metal cheers

THE HAMMER

Aside from nu-metal, i also dispise metal core, its just as bad in my opinion. Metal core can be either boring bands that are all breakdowns for the sake of having kickboxing parts, to those whiney emo guys that play a couple at the gates ripoff riffs here and there, then whine about their girlfriends (note, not sing, but whine). A lot of kids around here are emo fans, including a ton of my friends, and they automatically claim i dont like bands that sing beacuse i hate these emo-metal-core crap whatever you want to call them bands. If i dont like singing i wouldnt listen to stuff like Dream Theater now would i ;) . Yeah i hate ignorant people about metal too.

I don't "hate" anything about metal. I would rather be forced to listen to nu-metal than have country blasted in my ear, especially new country. There are a considerable number of things I could bitch about when it comes to metal, but why bother ? It beats rap.

Bryant

Cradle of Filth is making more money than Disturbed or any NU METAL band on tour (OZZFEST) right now, so I don't unersatnd how someone can hate them so much...Makes no God Damn Sense, they are making a great name for themselves! It is usually the Black Metal Elitists that hate COF, because there is more than 5 people that know who they are.

I only dislike the people who look at metal as a joke or who treat people differently who listen to it.

I know people around here (midwest usa) who get pissy if I wear and Iron Maiden shirt or if I have posters in MY room. If I put anything remotely metal on they have a shitfit then I hafta apologize and find something tamer.

Blech.

Other than that not too much bugs me, and if it does, I just turn it off.

Lamia The Great said:
I only dislike the people who look at metal as a joke or who treat people differently who listen to it.

Ya know what's weird ? I got that when I was a younger guy, being in Alabama, but when I got older, I really don't get that attitude much. I have a "kind face" though. I could give the most evil looking glares imaginable with my king size eyeballs and make the 40-ish yuppie women nervous, then some 70 year-old little old lady will come up to me and touch my hair and say "You have such pretty hair. I wish my hair was curly like that." >:p~
People become more accepting as they age as well so it's not just the fact I became mellow or that I sold out to the "typical societal" expectations but my peers became more mellow as well and actually became jealous that I am so individualistic.

Bryant

core this, core that - i cant stand the punk scene's obsession with putting "core" on the end of everything and i cant stand all that whiney emo and a lot of the metalcore crap, a prime example being funeral for a friend. Hardcore fans are gay as well, their stupid hardcore dancing and their cheesy lyrics

Power metal - just too cheesy and in my view

Generic death metal like can.corpse - its just pointless and boring and often just as cheesy as power metal

pop-punk - disgracing the name of punk even more

nu-metal - doesnt need an explanation

modern punk - its all this lame, happy happy joy joy, sesame t-shirt wearing, stripey socks, whining about girlfriends crap which blatantly shows the spirit of punk has gone

People who consider metal to be immature - i get my dad and others saying that one day i'll start dressing normally and i'll grow out of my music, really annoying

Korn fans that think korn are gothic, oh yes it happens

Cradle of Filth's corpsepaint obsessed fans - was hilarious watchingt them at ozzfest 2002 when it rained, all of them were pissed off, white paint all over their clothes etc.. ha

Im done for now

Bryant said:
Lamia The Great said:

Ya know what's weird ? I got that when I was a younger guy, being in Alabama, but when I got older, I really don't get that attitude much. I have a "kind face" though. I could give the most evil looking glares imaginable with my king size eyeballs and make the 40-ish yuppie women nervous, then some 70 year-old little old lady will come up to me and touch my hair and say "You have such pretty hair. I wish my hair was curly like that." >:p~
People become more accepting as they age as well so it's not just the fact I became mellow or that I sold out to the "typical societal" expectations but my peers became more mellow as well and actually became jealous that I am so individualistic.

Bryant

Most people wouldn't even think I like metal if I don't wear metal teeshirts. It's kinda nice sometimes to see the look of absolute horror on their faces when I talk about how great metal is :D

C-Taylor said:
I hate Black Metal, it has no meaning to me.

I can understand somebody hating generic black metal with no melody, but ALL black metal? If you stay clear of any band that has black metal influence, you're missing out on a lot of wonderful music.