Who do you hate and why...

i hate all that over teh top super gore grind like exhumed and mortician its just dull and boring. i also strongly dislike emo and hardcore and the kids at hardcore shows in the mosh pits/barfights, i saw from autumn to ashes at the download festival and when i looked at the pit it was just one huge fist fight.

NeonBlack2112 said:
Oh man you probably live right near me.

Haha yeah probably, then again new jersey is a small state. I live in toms river, go to school at good ol TCNJ (trenton state), and ive noticed that the whole state are a bunch of whiney emo bitches. Now i love new jersey personally, as a state its great, we have everything, and are located near everything, musically, aside from like symphony x, the entire state fucking sucks. On my floor in my dorm last year id say more than half of the floor listened to dashboard confessional religiously. I showed them though, even though the 3 room around me would have dashboard blaring out of it at any given time, i had the more powerful speaker set in my dorm, so i could drown them out and then some, they didnt like cryptopsy too much ;)

shadows falls independent cd was great. Now they suck and Brian Fair is a whiny bitch of a singer. Listen to all that remains it has their old singer.

Reckless said:
Okay to the moron who called shodw's fall hardcore. your a moron cause their death metal.

Don't tell that to any hardcore kid around here they will cry. Shadows fall, for all intents and purposes are a hardcore band, even if they dont sound like one that much. They still play tons of hardcore shows here, and hardcore kids go apeshit over them. Since we know hardcore kids are elitist assholes who will listen to nothing, and i mean NOTHING, but hardcore, they must be a hardcore band. If you told one of them they were a metal band they would argue with you until you got too pissed off and aggrivated to speak any longer.

I don't really hate anything. I sometimes feel a strong reaction of dislike when I see/hear things, but I refuse to hate. Hate is too strong and too valuable an emotion to waste on trivial opinions.

Reactions: Ben_t
Nocturnal Emperor said:
please explain why they suck SADUDE

The original drummer and singer were better.
If you heard their first independent cd Somber eyes to the sky you could see each album was regression. Shadows Fall also gave into the tempation of the local metal scene in massachusetts. By the way there is no metal scene around here. They had to mix in a lot of hardcore into their sound to get attention from the hardcore kids in the local scene. They should have made a name in metal nationally instead.
Local bands around here that are good...All that Remains (like shadows fall but better)
Beyond the embrace (melodic metal)
Beyond The sixth Seal (melodic)
Red Chord ( brutal death grind, I rec to fans of cryptopsy)
Upon crimson Wings ( see my metal in america thread for a link to their site) They are melodic metal
Unearth( melodic with breakdowns)

Im sure there are some I forgot.

It is almost impossible to find a local metal ban that didn't add hardcore so they could play local shows. I can appreciate the occational breakdown as godd as the next guy, but things are out of hand around here.
Metal is coming back aroundhere soon. All these hardcore kids saying metal is dead will soon jump the sinking hardcore ship and listen to metal. HArdcore may have more fans currently in Boston but it is all in change. Soon it will be cool to like metal again.

Psychonaut said:
I hate nu-metal, I hate seeing Creed on Headbangers Ball, I hate mainstream marketing, post Justice Metallica, and most glam.

Oh yeah, I totally dig Cradle of Filth. All of it.
I concurr, although i'm not really familiar with Cradle,

Any good tracks you can reccomend?

Cheers.

Linkin Park-they are like emo/metal/rap music...and not only does their music bother me but their videos too. They use that "WHEN I GET TO THE CHORUS AND SCREAM LIKE A BITCH!" camera shake effect.
DAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dreamlord said:
I hate a lot about metal. Probably too much to list here, but I'll list a few.

1. The "metal scene" itself. It's full of pompous newbie fanboys and people who make it their life goal to be different. They never realize that by being "different", they are only placing themselves into another group of similar like-minded people. I'm glad I don't consider myself among their ranks.

2. Metalheads who constantly complain about hardcore music. This is similar to the homophobe who constantly complains about homosexuals, only to find out he is gay in the end.

3. Newbies that act like they know everything.

4. Fanboys.

5. Power metal
I agree with everything exept #5

Korn--> sucky music and whiiiiney vocals-->YUCKKK
Linkin Park--> just LOOK at them :puke: Okaaay I know, rock and metal aren't about images and appearance and shit, but still....horn rim glasses and all that stuff, just :puke:
Type O Negative--> just rubs me the wrong way! Esp. the vocals :yuk: :yuk:
Cradle Of Filth--> just gets TOO cheesy sometimes!!!
and, ANYTHING with :yuk: NASAL vocals makes me want to PUUUUUKE!!!!!!