Hate towards nu-metal

Thats true, like holy shit.
All the early alt-metal bands are pretty distinct to themselves (well for the most part) nowadays anything with the label just kinda sounds the same (or alt-rock, which is pretty much radio rock at this point.)

Theres certain bands I feel like get lumped into nu-metal that shouldn't belong tbh.
yeah like System of a Down for example, an alternative metal band that sometimes gets labeled as nu-metal by the more clueless dudes.

I grew up on rap and have no problem with synthesizers.
yeah, i love older rap(strictly west coast and some down south stuff).

Tha Doggfather has more riffs than most nu-metal bands ...

Reactions: Ullimann and Sophii
yeah like System of a Down for example, an alternative metal band that sometimes gets labeled as nu-metal by the more clueless dudes.

yeah, i love older rap(strictly west coast and some down south stuff).

Tha Doggfather has more riffs than most nu-metal bands ...

Same goes for bands like...A Perfect Circle, Fair to Midland, Nothingface, Dog Fashion Disco, just a few examples. Those bands aren't at all Nu-Metal.

Edit: speaking of SOAD, I didnt realize the bit after Aerials was an actual Armenian church chant.

Snoop's a fucking legend. Master of flow.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Same goes for bands like...A Perfect Circle, Fair to Midland, Nothingface, Dog Fashion Disco, just a few examples. Those bands aren't at all Nu-Metal.

Snoop's a fucking legend. Master of flow.
not familiar with any of those bands but i definitely agree with what you said about Snoop. No one ccould touch him in his prime and Doggystyle is imo the greatest rap album of all time. a 10/10 perfect masterpiece

Reactions: Sophii
I focus all my self-loathing these days on hating myself for not immediately changing the station when Staind came on a month ago.

Just copypaste from wiki - I'd say yellow are the identifying features of the genre. I'm curious which of these folks take issue with?

Nu metal is heavily syncopated and is based mostly on guitar riffs.[4] Mid-song bridges and a general lack of guitar solos contrasts it with other genres of heavy metal.[4][23] Kory Grow of Revolver wrote, "... n its efforts to tune down and simplify riffs, nu-metal effectively drove a stake through the heart of the guitar solo".[24] Another contrast with other heavy metal genres is nu metal's emphasis on rhythm, rather than on complexity or mood, often its rhythm sounds like that of groove metal.[9] The wah pedal is occasionally featured in nu metal music.[24] Nu metal guitar riffs occasionally are similar to those of death metal.[17]

Nu metal bassists and drummers are often influenced by funk and hip hop, respectively, adding to nu metal's rhythmic nature.[25][26] Blast beats, which are common in heavy metal subgenres such as black metal and death metal, are extremely rare in nu metal.[20] Nu metal's similarities with many heavy metal subgenres include its use of common time, distorted guitars, power chords and note structures primarily revolving around Dorian, Aeolian or Phrygian modes.[4] While loud and heavily distorted electric guitars are a core feature of all metal genres, nu metal guitarists took the sounds of "violence and destruction" to new levels with their overdriven guitar tone, which music journalists Kitts and Tolinski compared to the "...sound [of] a Mack truck being crushed by a collapsing skyscraper."[27]
Some nu metal bands use seven-string guitars[28] that are generally down-tuned,[20][29] rather than traditional six-string guitars.[13] Likewise, some bass guitarists use five-string and six-string instruments.[13][30] Bass guitar-playing in nu metal often features an emphasis on funk elements.[28] In nu metal music, DJs are sometimes featured to provide instrumentation such as sampling, turntable scratching and electronic backgrounds.[13] Nu metal tends to have hip hop grooves and rhythms.[23][17][28]

Vocal styles used in nu metal music include singing,[17] rapping,[23][31] screaming[20][31] and growling.[31] Vocals in nu metal are often rhythmic and influenced by hip hop.[32] While some nu metal bands, such as Limp Bizkit[33] and Linkin Park[34][35] have rapping in their music, other nu metal bands, such as Godsmack[36] and Staind,[37] do not.
Nu metal bands occasionally feature hip hop musicians as guests in their songs; Korn's song "Children of the Korn" features the rapper Ice Cube, who performed on the band's 1998 Family Values Tour.[38][39] The hip hop musician Nas was featured on Korn's song "Play Me", which is on the band's album Take a Look in the Mirror.[40] Limp Bizkit has recorded with multiple hip hop musicians including Method Man,[41] Lil Wayne,[42] Xzibit,[43] Redman,[43] DMX[44] and Snoop Dogg.[45] Linkin Park collaborated with hip hop musician Jay Z on their 2004 extended play Collision Course.[46] Kid Rock has recorded with hip hop musicians Eminem[47] and Snoop Dogg.[48] Trevor Baker of The Guardian wrote, "Bands such as Linkin Park, Korn and even the much reviled Limp Bizkit ... did far more to break down the artificial barriers between 'urban music' and rock than any of their more critically acceptable counterparts."[49]

I mean some of them can be vicious, especially with one's that are sludge influenced too (Admiral Angry, Eryn Non Dae, Abominable Iron Sloth)

Abominable Iron Sloth and what I've heard of Admiral Angry are primarily sludge metal bands to my ears.

Yeah but they are heavily groove/djent influenced on top of that. Especially in guitar tone and groove, but incorporate that fucked up distortion, scramz vox, and downtunedness djent bands have. Especially AA since they used modded 7 strings tuned down to fucking bass guitars.

Just copypaste from wiki - I'd say yellow are the identifying features of the genre. I'm curious which of these folks take issue with?

Nu metal is heavily syncopated and is based mostly on guitar riffs.[4] Mid-song bridges and a general lack of guitar solos contrasts it with other genres of heavy metal.[4][23] Kory Grow of Revolver wrote, "... n its efforts to tune down and simplify riffs, nu-metal effectively drove a stake through the heart of the guitar solo".[24] Another contrast with other heavy metal genres is nu metal's emphasis on rhythm, rather than on complexity or mood, often its rhythm sounds like that of groove metal.[9] The wah pedal is occasionally featured in nu metal music.[24] Nu metal guitar riffs occasionally are similar to those of death metal.[17]

Nu metal bassists and drummers are often influenced by funk and hip hop, respectively, adding to nu metal's rhythmic nature.[25][26] Blast beats, which are common in heavy metal subgenres such as black metal and death metal, are extremely rare in nu metal.[20] Nu metal's similarities with many heavy metal subgenres include its use of common time, distorted guitars, power chords and note structures primarily revolving around Dorian, Aeolian or Phrygian modes.[4] While loud and heavily distorted electric guitars are a core feature of all metal genres, nu metal guitarists took the sounds of "violence and destruction" to new levels with their overdriven guitar tone, which music journalists Kitts and Tolinski compared to the "...sound [of] a Mack truck being crushed by a collapsing skyscraper."[27]
Some nu metal bands use seven-string guitars[28] that are generally down-tuned,[20][29] rather than traditional six-string guitars.[13] Likewise, some bass guitarists use five-string and six-string instruments.[13][30] Bass guitar-playing in nu metal often features an emphasis on funk elements.[28] In nu metal music, DJs are sometimes featured to provide instrumentation such as sampling, turntable scratching and electronic backgrounds.[13] Nu metal tends to have hip hop grooves and rhythms.[23][17][28]

Vocal styles used in nu metal music include singing,[17] rapping,[23][31] screaming[20][31] and growling.[31] Vocals in nu metal are often rhythmic and influenced by hip hop.[32] While some nu metal bands, such as Limp Bizkit[33] and Linkin Park[34][35] have rapping in their music, other nu metal bands, such as Godsmack[36] and Staind,[37] do not.
Nu metal bands occasionally feature hip hop musicians as guests in their songs; Korn's song "Children of the Korn" features the rapper Ice Cube, who performed on the band's 1998 Family Values Tour.[38][39] The hip hop musician Nas was featured on Korn's song "Play Me", which is on the band's album Take a Look in the Mirror.[40] Limp Bizkit has recorded with multiple hip hop musicians including Method Man,[41] Lil Wayne,[42] Xzibit,[43] Redman,[43] DMX[44] and Snoop Dogg.[45] Linkin Park collaborated with hip hop musician Jay Z on their 2004 extended play Collision Course.[46] Kid Rock has recorded with hip hop musicians Eminem[47] and Snoop Dogg.[48] Trevor Baker of The Guardian wrote, "Bands such as Linkin Park, Korn and even the much reviled Limp Bizkit ... did far more to break down the artificial barriers between 'urban music' and rock than any of their more critically acceptable counterparts."[49]
everything you have highlighted(and more). Rap has no place in metal and is my biggest gripe with the subgenre.

Reactions: CiG
I mean, I was listening to The Chemical Wedding the other day, and the truth is it is chock full of influence from the heavier end of the nu-metal spectrum.