Hate towards nu-metal

There's other examples
Like the aptly titled "Back The Fuck Up." If thats not nu metal, then I don't know what is. The single Linchpin too.

There's other examples
Like the aptly titled "Back The Fuck Up." If thats not nu metal, then I don't know what is. The single Linchpin too.
well B-Real is on that track and i guess that makes it nu-metal? Because again, all i hear is the Fear Factory sound when the rapping is gone. Does Ice Cube having Korn on one of his tracks on War and Peace make that album nu-metal also?

I wouldn't say so, no but thats not the only example I have for Digimortal being considered Nu Metal.
I'd just give the whole album a spin to decide that for yourself. Its def a nu-metal release to me, and probably their last.

I wouldn't say so, no but thats not the only example I have for Digimortal being considered Nu Metal.
I'd just give the whole album a spin to decide that for yourself. Its def a nu-metal release to me, and probably their last.
well based on the songs you linked me to i can see why some people might think there's some nu-metal influence there. But after hearing those im almost sure it's not a nu-metal album. It's not a primary subgenre for any of their albums on RYM, UM has them as "Industrial/Death Metal (early), Groove/Industrial Metal (later)" and Discogs doesnt have the album you mentioned labeled as nu-metal either.

-shrug- Works for me I guess. They did drop any sense of Nu-Metal element, whether big or small, after Digimortal anyway. Archetype is void of any Nu-Metal, probably more towards Alt-Metal, and I know nothing about Transgression.

Demanufacture is an important record I think. Before that, no one had done what Fear Factory had done. Hell I'd say that with Soul of a New Machine as well.

I didn't mind the first Machine Head album. It doesnt have that bad of riffs. But anything and everything after that has proven to be garbage.

as a long time Vio-lence fan .... i personally cant stand that album or the direction him and later Demmel decided to take.

3g4ous.jpg

Reactions: CiG and Sophii
I like Obsolete and Digimortal but there were definitely nu metal leanings. Check out Edgecrusher from Obsolete.

I used to enjoy Chaos AD, but cant really listen to it anymore

I like Obsolete and Digimortal but there were definitely nu metal leanings. Check out Edgecrusher from Obsolete.

I used to enjoy Chaos AD, but cant really listen to it anymore

Edgecrusher was definitely the first track that leapt to mind

Chaos AD was very groove oriented and simple as shit. There are almost no riffs. The drumming/percussion is the only thing that holds the album together.