What is SymX's setlist for the coming South America tour?

Setlists aren't usually something that are announced beforehand..my only suggestion would be that if you're going to one of the later SA shows, watch the forum here and see if anyone who attends the earlier shows comes in & posts a setlist. MJR said when we spoke last night that the SA setlist will be different from what they play before then at BB Kings and in Europe..

Puerto Rico is the first stop after the NY show >_< But since Paradise Lost won't be out by May, what songs are likely to pop up in the show? Like, what songs do they always (in a general sense of the word) play?

They didn't do a South American tour for The Odyssey, so I guess they'll play a lot of stuff from that album, probably opening the gigs with Inferno (that would be awesome!!!!).

Songs they "usually" play include:

Of Sins and Shadows
Sea of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors
Inferno
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
Wicked
King of Terrors

But I'm sure they'll play one or two from the new album.

Even though thats been thier standards for pretty much Ever it seems, I think, at least I HOPE, that we'll see some fresh material in there, some tunes that they havent played live millions of times before. Sure, thier amazing songs, but I think its time for In the Dragons Den, The Edge of Forever, and A Fool's Paradie to get some time to shine, rather than the standards they've had in the setlist for years.

What planet do you live on? Almost 99&#37; of the time, bands heavily favor their newest material, most often the most recent 2 albums with only the "hits" and MAYBE 1 "special" song that they dust off for that tour.

Sometimes, yes, but after four years of promoting The Odyssey, I think they're probably a bit sick of playing most of the songs from that album. I predict that if they do pick an obscure track, it will be something from V or possibly Twilight.

Dream Theater is the only band I know of that plays at least 1 song from almost all their albums live. The only CD's they don't really play live are the ones with the vocalist pre-labrie and falling into infinity. Other than that, I've never been to a DT concert where they don't play songs from every album.

Even though thats been thier standards for pretty much Ever it seems, I think, at least I HOPE, that we'll see some fresh material in there, some tunes that they havent played live millions of times before. Sure, thier amazing songs, but I think its time for In the Dragons Den, The Edge of Forever, and A Fool's Paradie to get some time to shine, rather than the standards they've had in the setlist for years.

I think I would die completely happy if I heard A Fool's Paradise live. Killer. Just plain killer.

Originally posted by IntoPhagist:
Divine Wings of Tragedy (The Song) Sucks balls Compared to the Odyssey, if they played it be a ZZZZZZ fest.

I agree with you on that. I join the 1% of Symphony X fans who really isn't all that impressed by DWoT (the song).