Nov 5, 2001
London
I'm going to the Enslaved gig in london on the 15.03.02
and i want to get one of their albums before i go

so.....
which album is the best?

Chedsey is a great sight.

Eld is probably their best album.

I absolutely love their new CD, Monumension, It's amazing. Proggy and Psychadelic, while still being very dark, very heavy and evil. They got it balanced wonderfully. And Maudrum before that, is also another great album.

Those are the best three.

Eld
Monumension
Maudrum

I second that. You can't go wrong with Monumension - you'll especially like it if you are into complex metal...and I guess you are, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Mardraum is even more complex than Monumension, or should I say more chaotic? Monumension is easier to get into, it has a kind of structure, that's maybe because it's a concept album.
If you are into fast and straight extreme metal you'll love Blodhemn, it's the opposite of the 2 last albums - only straight easy-structured metal, but played tight as fuck.

I couldn't get into Blodemn...

maybe it needs more listens

Right now, it's an inaccesable wall to me.. A bit like frost.. But I like frost...

I dunno.

And Viklingr Veldi or whatver is good... and so is the split with Emperor.

ITS ALL GOOD YOU LUCKY PRICK OU GET TO SEE THEM LIVE.

Monumension just keeps getting better though.

Chedsey's site is NO authority on extreme metal. Avoid it. Try DigitalMetal or GNOSiS instead.

All Enslaved's albums are essential, but I'm partial to Eld and Monumension. Here's a quick ranking for the curious:

1. Eld
2. Monumension
3. Mardraum - Beyond The Within
4. Vikingligr Veldi
5. Blodhemn
6. Frost
7. Hordanes Land

Originally posted by Lykorian
Chedsey's site is NO authority on extreme metal. Avoid it. Try DigitalMetal or GNOSiS instead.

Why do you say that? Oh well, everyone to their own. I like chedseys site though. Though, I don't let his opinions effect what I listen to greatly. I useually read the reviews after i've listen to some, or I use the site to get all my albums and mp3 lists in order. But often, when he says something is good, he's ussually right.