What is the best Mouse to use for a studio?

REDBOX04

Obsessed with Gear
Jan 16, 2008
in my mind
Hey guys, just curious as to what everyone here uses for a mouse in their home studio. I have a basic logitech mouse and it sucks major ass when trying to do anything within my DAW.

I will probably buy an Alpha Track soon to remedy most situations, but I want to buy a really good mouse too.

Any recommendations, or at least any recommended things a mouse "must have"
when using it in the studio (such as sensitivity rates and ect)

Thanks in advance!

I've been thinking bout buying this one...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9189283

Any corded laser mouse with a nice high dpi setting should do the trick. I use a logitech with 3 settings for the dpi, so i can move it fast or I can change it to a slow setting when accuracy is needed. It also has a bunch of other buttons for shortcuts.

Ones with a 360 scroll-ball would be pretty nifty I imagine. I just use this:

deathadder_LRG6.jpg

Gaming > scrolling.

gone back to the mighty mouse, though wired.
wireless for DAWS=major pain in the arse

Trackball - takes some getting used to but its pretty nice to not be moving your hand all over the place, especially when you're sharing space with mixers, keyboards, etc. Hell, my trackball sits o my mixer most of the time. It takes practice to get used to it, especially for fine edits but once you're there you'll love it. Studio shots of pro studios always show a kensington but my old logitech marble trackball has done just fine.

Now for gaming...that's a different story.

I love these mice -

http://www.evoluent.com/

They are made for carpel tunnel, but they are awesome even if you don't have it. It takes a week or two to get used to the "verticalness," but once you do it's the most comfortable thing ever. You can use it for hours and not get tired or cramped.

tried trackballs and just cant get on with them. i nearly cried trying to edit drums with one

I just use 7$ Mitsumi optical mouse with Scroll knob. It works and fits my hand perfectly! \m/ I have used it for 3 years. No problem has had a chance. :D

Just wondering what everyone's beef with wireless mice is; as a laptop user, I have enough fucking cables all over my desk without needing another, and I never have any problems with my wireless!

And I almost never game on my PC (and literally never online, where the speed/precision might actually matter)