Time to spend money on a bass..

ForgotenWarrior6

Revel in this, bitch.
Sep 19, 2007
USA
www.myspace.com
Strictly for recording. I can never get a hold of my bass player, so I'm going to buy bass and just record all the parts my self.

Looking to spend roughly 500.00 USD on a 5 string bass for studio use only. Any recommendations?

I've been leaning towards the 5 string Schecter stiletto...

I'd like to hear about other peoples experiences with basses in this price range.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't decide between a Jazz or a Musicman. I also wanted something with active electronics. Ended up going with one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Carvin-Blue-Bur...n-/220738739704?pt=Guitar&hash=item33650dddf8 It has a push pull active/passive mode and coil-splittable J and MM style pickups. I think this sucker should have just about any tone imagineable covered. I can't speak much about the sound of the B5 as I have not recorded it yet. I can tell you that the build quality of the build is VERY good. This is just a suggestion, it might not be the best bass for YOU in that price range.

I just bought an ibanez sr-505 like last week. I'm pretty happy with it.
Basically I went to guitar center and tried out all they had and went with that one. A little more than $500 but not by much.