What is the Obsidian Conspiracy?

Free yourself from the idea that you need to believe in a prime mover, because you're likely doing that out of the fact that you don't have any other reference point.

Being anti-religion but believing in "God" still using that narrow definition is dangerous because your still using what's bad about dogmatic religious thought and missing what's wonderful about religion in essence.

Still love you Derek. Excuse the new name :cool:

I always thought that Warrel just got pissed off about being in a shitty guild that couldn't clear AQ40 even at level 80. Huh... Learn something new everyday, I suppose.

Given the nature of warrelian lyricism, all these bold assumptions might very well be true.

bitches bitches
the obsidian conspiracy is a reference to how our society lives in spiritual poverty. The actual song addressing Warrel's discomfort towards abortion. "never should one dies that cannot decide the truth...so suffer the children" . and emptiness unobstructed is about a friend wd knew that committed suicide(confirmed by wd himself). and the maiden spoke is about a ghost when nevermore recorded tge and etc. the lyrical themes aren't elusive.
and after listening to the album numerous times I firmly believe i have the liberty to say that this album is very mediocre for a nevermore release(and this is coming from a devout nevermore fan).
basic riffs, minimal solos and predictable structures eradicate the primal thrash and death metal influences that have largely defined nevermore's musical identity. the solos are restrained and unmemorable(except for a few songs). The lyrics are largely bland and humdrum(except for some songs). The philosophical lyrical content have been replaced with facile unmistakable lyrical themes. This is further intensified by the fact that the complex, semi-progressive arrangements have been replaced by simple verse/chorus formula resulting in a very banal,uninspired, insipid, empty, thin , and undeveloped release. I'm all for simplicity but not at the price of variety(which incidentally invites complexity). I still think its a solid album but for a nevermore release its a step down from previous releases. if it was released by another band it would be highly regarded

BUT I LIKE THAT - This is further intensified by the fact that the complex, semi-progressive arrangements have been replaced by simple verse/chorus formula resulting in a very banal,uninspired, insipid, empty, thin , and undeveloped release.
IF I WANTED COMPLEX THERE ARE ANOTHER MILLION OR SO BANDS THAT PLAY BETTER FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

how do you know for sure they were visited by a ghost on TGE? do you have any proof, or links?

thanks

Hmmm... the corrupt financial system and interest groups, imperialist wars, the perpetuated injustice of the world?

The only way you can understand the album is to sit upon your poison throne and step back...smash your dreams to hell.

"What grows upon this rock and its urgent sense of tragedy? Time has stopped" = God looking at universe as it spins ever so quickly, he slows it down, stops time and takes a look at a rock, floating right now. That rock is...

"The Blue Marble" = earth

The only way to see the truth is to transcend time...to follow light...light will guide you, for she comes in colors and waves.

Absolutely fucking brilliant, no idea how Warrel wrote this, just epic fucking genius.

Gone Insane.

He is well read = Absolutely fucking brilliant, no idea how Warrel wrote this, just epic fucking genius.

Its a stroke on ow he puts it together by the beach he says!!!

how do you know for sure they were visited by a ghost on TGE? do you have any proof, or links?

Spot on.

Anyways, everyone will interpret what this album is about. Ask 20 Nevermore fans what they think TOC is about and you'll get 4 or 5 contradictory notions.

I agree it's not a patch on their earlier work, but in fairness, they've put out some brilliant albums; very hard to keep up that standard forever.

I have a feeling they will put out one more album and then call it a day.