Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Reckoning Night

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Unia

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Sonata was not a band I was crazy about at first listen but quickly became a fan. I must say however that their live show does not do much for me but I love the music on cd.

So check off your fav on the poll and list your favorites in order in the thread if you like. My fav would be Reckoning Night.

Silence
Winterheart's
Ecliptica
Unia
Reckoning Night

The range of disparity is not wide for me - despite RN as my least favorite and Silence as my favorite, they and all the ones in between are quite close in quality.

I knew Unia would not get much love but I like it. Good to see I am not the only one who puts Reckoning Night at the top although we are few.

Agreed 100%.
These are the only 2 of theirs that have stood the test of time for me.
In all fairness, I never heard UNIA.
They lost me with Reckoning Night.

All that aside, they are a GREAT live band.

great live band?? huge letdown @ ppusa tbh, and dont listen to Unia, it's pure trash

great live band?? huge letdown @ ppusa tbh, and dont listen to Unia, it's pure trash

I don't think it's fair to judge them by only that performance, which yeah was pretty crappy. But still, on any given night they can deliver. Sadly, it seems like when they don't deliver, it's almost purely by their own choice.

As for my vote I'd say tie between Ecliptica, Winterheart's and Silence. Then Reckoning Night. Then Unia.

Silence is by far the best and I don't know why they haven't been able to top at all. Winterhearts Guild is good, and I like a couple off of reckoning night, but I have given up on them until they can finally top Silence, which I don't see them doing that anytime soon, but time will tell.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like all their albums although I do have ones I like better than others. It's hard for me to say which is my favorite but it would come down to Silence or Winterheart's Guild. Regarding seeing them live, I saw them when they toured Reckoning Night and they simply owned the place -- great live show, lots of energy. I saw them again, multiple times, on their most-recent tour and the energy was quite lacking and it almost seemed they were just going through the motions. Musically, they were still very good but their lack of animation on stage surprised me. I was also surprised they didn't do anything special for ProgPower USA, at least from a "hey let's switch-up the setlist a little bit" standpoint. I enjoyed their performance but I know they are capable of a lot more energy that was put forth the two times I saw them on the Unia tour. I'm curious to see how they will do when they open for Nightwish later this year on their Fall US tour.

Agreed 100%.
These are the only 2 of theirs that have stood the test of time for me.
In all fairness, I never heard UNIA.
They lost me with Reckoning Night.

All that aside, they are a GREAT live band.
I agree with you 110% on this, dude! Right down to the last letter!:headbang::kickass: