Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Winterheart's Guild

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Reckoning Night

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Unia

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I don't understand the Reckoning Night hate. It sounds like every other Sonata Arctica album. I think it was well done.

Unia, on the other hand, while it has grown on me, still has me convinced that they all decided to take ALOT of drugs, then try to be a prog band. The only song on that album that sounds remotely like a Sonata Arctica tune is "Paid in Full." So I can understand why people don't care for that album. But Reckoning Night? Sounds like everything else they've done.

I don't understand the Reckoning Night hate.

What thread have you been reading? Nobody's bashed RN at all really. Unia gets ranked last by most(on this thread at least) and it's just a matter of there being 3 other Sonata albums that folks think are better than RN. Asking people to rank 5 albums means one of them will be #4, but that hasn't translated into Reckoning Night hate.

What thread have you been reading? Nobody's bashed RN at all really. Unia gets ranked last by most(on this thread at least) and it's just a matter of there being 3 other Sonata albums that folks think are better than RN. Asking people to rank 5 albums means one of them will be #4, but that hasn't translated into Reckoning Night hate.

There seems to be a mouse squeaking somewhere...:lol:

I actually think RN is a completely weaker album compared to WHG which i consider their 3rd best, Eclip/Sil/WHG are all pretty even but theyve really declined

I actually think RN is a completely weaker album compared to WHG which i consider their 3rd best, Eclip/Sil/WHG are all pretty even but theyve really declined

I do agree, to an extent. I don't find RN to be "completely weaker" but compared to Winter Hearts Guild, it's not quite as good. However, since Winter Hearts Guild is my favorite, my opinions are a bit biased. ;)

I guess I'll order the albums, for a point of reference:
1. Winterhearts Guild
2. Silence
3. Reckoning Night
4. Ecliptica
100. Unia

I just can't bring myself to rank Unia with the other albums. It's not a bad album, it's just not a Sonata Arctica album. I think the previous four are all excellent albums, though.

stop being nice, it is a terrible album :lol: I was laughing watching hte band play the songs from Unia, the drummer had like nothing to do and the bassist was so out of it. It's honestly a bad album, not experimentally bad, just bad :lol:

Good poll....

Silence
Ecliptica
Winterhearts Guild
For The Sake of Revenge *
Reckoning Night
Unia

* I know its a live album but I think it captures the band pretty well... Better than their performance at PP... Guess they can have their off nights...

I won't be writing off SA after one sub-par release. But another Unia and they'll no longer be a premier band in my book. Also, I simply won't keep paying money for the same setlists, so it would be nice to see that addressed.