Poll: Favorite artwork to grace a 2005 disc

What band had the best CD cover art for a 2005 release?

• Helloween - Keepers/Legacy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Helloween - Mrs. God (single)

• Exodus - Shovel Headed Kill Machine

• Hammerfall - Chapter V

• Opeth - Ghost Reveries

• Shadow Gallery - Room V

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Vote once for your favorite artwork to grace the cover of a 2005 disc. Leave your opinions about the band and music for another poll. This is an eye candy only poll. You must be logged in to vote.

This is not a, "post a big shitload of names poll". Feel free to do so if you wish, but the poll will only allow you to vote once. If you post a laundry list of releases, anyone can find out the one and only one you voted for by simply clicking on the number of votes in the row for that candidate.

I tried to keep the list to Prog/Power releases that most people in this forum would recognize. Of course, the artwork had to be above average to make the list, IMO.

Poll closes on January 31.

You're most likely right, but I think you really have to draw a line in the sand. We live in an era where info is available instantly, and if something exists on the planet, it can be had within days or weeks.

So...if an album comes out in late 2004 in Europe and not until February 2005 in the U.S., it can still be purchased at a normal price in 2004. Thus, not a 2005 release. That's just me though.

The Kamelot cover isn't my favorite cover but its good, and it gets my vote above all the others. A great year for music, but maybe not so much for artwork? Heh.

No problem Heavenly, like I said... bored at work. Gave me something to do... I needed to see them all side by side anyways. Yeah, i'm with ya on the Allen/Lande cover... not the worst of the year but not the best in that bunch by a longshot. The new Strato has to be the worst of the year, talk about no imagination. Maybe that should be another poll.

Force10 said:
This Godless Endeavor gets my vote. I'm probably a little biased since I am a Rush fanboy, and Hugh Syme has done many of their covers.

Wow. I thought Travis Smith did the Nevermore cover. I'll have to get caught up on what Hugh has been doing lately. I haven't seen his name on any metal CD jackets lately.

Really like the Nevermore Cover the best.
Black Halo runner up.
Third, Circus Maximus.

The rest are very run of the mill type of stuff.

Hmmm...missed seeing the Redemption cover.....honorable mention.....

The Fiddler said:
Wow. I thought Travis Smith did the Nevermore cover. I'll have to get caught up on what Hugh has been doing lately. I haven't seen his name on any metal CD jackets lately.

Syme did Dream Theater's Octavarium. That's all I know of of his recent works. Check out his website, lots of cool artwork from his many album covers.