• Stoner

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Alternative

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Folk simply because most of the bands I'm listening to at this moment are Folk based, however my favorite subgenre changes. I also really love Black, Doom, Death, Trad, and have been starting to appreciate Thrash.

Killbot said:
Viking is a lyrical theme, not a genre.

That may be... but are you going to argue with a ship load of norsemen with axes and a desire to have their own genre? :p

I can't believe that glam hasn't gotten even one vote! How could such a thing happen? The horror, the horror!

I voted for them all because you left out sludge, industrial, avantgarde, metalcore, crossover, etc - as well as leaving no way of differentiating between subgenres ala brutal death versus melo-death or the variations of doom and i feel like being picky; good attempt though

Battle, Speed, Stoner, Groove, Neoclassical, and Alternative are not metal genres. You have to be pretty damn stupid to post that on the list.

Edit: And oh yea Sludge, Avantgarde, and Crossover and not metal genres. Metalcore and Industrial were never big metal genres. Melodic death though might have been a good addition in there.

death metal because if you don't like it you don't like extreme metal.

prog because music can sound different then your average generic metal band. I don't really like straight up prog but prog mix with something else is good (Enslaved, Amorphis, Edge of Sanity, Unexpect, etc.)

stoner because the groove and the catchy riffs make it more than normal music, it create a cool atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.