What Is The WORST Metal Subgenre?

What is the WORST metal subgenre?

• Total voters

UltimateApathy

Infinite Idiocy
Dec 10, 2012
Path Of The Misanthrope
I know there have been polls before about which people think is the best metal subgenre, but I don't ever remember seeing one about the worst metal subgenre, so let's go for it ((NOTE: I'm not including "Nu-Metal" in this Poll because that's just too easy a target)). Personally, I don't generally hate any metal subgenres, but I do find it hard to find any pleasure in Anal Cunt-like grindcore, eg:

However, I do quite enjoy grindcore like Napalm Death:

They sound very different so I'm not sure if they're two different subgenres of grindcore, but I guess I'm gonna go for "grindcore that sounds like Anal Cunt" as my choice for worst metal subgenre here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very much expecting this thread to turn into another muppets episode...:popcorn:

I'm pretty sure I've never heard deathcore worth hearing, so I guess I'll go with that. Folk metal and many of the newer black metal variants are pretty much the same case, but those can be tolerable.

That Whitechapel song isn't bad at all, but it didn't particularly excite me in any way, and is that really considered deathcore anyways? Seems pretty melodic and there's still a lot of standard tremolo-picked riffs and such. I mean, yeah there's a breakdown at 2:50 and one of the vocal styles is "core" I guess, but on the basis of that song I don't see why it needs to be considered separate from other modern death metal styles.

Anal Cunt isn't very good music, but I do enjoy the comedic aspect of them. They're probably not metal anyways tbh, more on the Hardcore side of Grindcore.

Voted Glam Metal, since a lot of it just doesn't sound very "Metal".

I'm also getting tired of all this "Worst" talk. Just like what you like, and let other people like what they like.

Deathcore by far in my book. Metalcore at least has some good acts in it. Deathcore, not so much. Even what people consider to be the "best" I find to still be quite unlistenable. High pitched, "core" vocals and generic, out of place breakdowns have no home to my eardrums. Suicide Silence comes to mind. God, they are awful.