Black Metal is the worst subgenre

subpar

New Metal Member
Oct 19, 2013
Black Metal is the worse subgenre of metal no question.

First off the production is god awful. The excuse for it by fans is... 'it's suppose to be that way' or 'it's about the atmosphere.' No sorry it sounds terrible.

Secondly, nothing is impressive about the music. Boring drumming, inaudible bass, all the vocalists sound the same, and boring riffs.

On to a few bands...

Darkthrone the most overrated black metal band. Their debut Soulside Journey is their best album. Funny though... it's death metal. That said it's not even top 50 all time death metal.

Bathory is another overrated band. The only thing they have over Darkthrone is they throw in interludes and do a few melodic solos here and there.

Burzum aka Varg is even worse. Long songs that go nowhere and annoying synth added in.

Now for the Black Metal scene... There were a handful psychos back in the day. Some murders, church burnings, suicide. I guess those were an attempt to attract fans. Pathetic.

Let's not forget most of these guys wear makeup. KISS cover band anyone?

Black Metal is subpar. I would actually put it on the same level as Deathcore.

Death Metal absolutely destroys Black Metal. Even the worst death metal, like Cannibal Corpse. At least these guys can play their instruments and write some worthy music.

Give me a reason on what makes Black Metal good. Anything about 'atmosphere' or the laughable lyrics and I will ignore your post.

There's a lot more that's worthwhile in Black Metal than their is in say, Thrash. A lot of thrash is overrated goofy shit. Slayer kind of touch on Black Metal lyrically though and it's to their benefit.

There's a lot more that's worthwhile in Black Metal than their is in say, Thrash. A lot of thrash is overrated goofy shit. Slayer kind of touch on Black Metal lyrically though and it's to their benefit.

You know that sounds just about as retarded as most of the OP's statements, right?

Goofy? Are you actually trying to somehow defend black metal by calling another sub genre goofy? LOL! oh wow. Thrash bands arent the ones wearing makeup and having gay ass stage theatrics. Honestly, i dont think metal gets any goofier than black metal(i dont consider glam to be metal).

Most thrash bands have lyrics similar to Slayer, so lol at your "touching on black metal" comment. Not only do both Thrash metal and Slayer both outdate black metal, but the thrash they played probably influenced most of your beloved black metal musicians.

Also, there are much more bands that are lyrically similar to Slayer in thrash than the handfull of bands that i can call "goofy" such as Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste or even some of the early crossover bands.

Oh my aching head. Normally I'd be upset over the bashing of Bathory but this guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about this is just an excuse to get attention but I know everyone will eat this up.

No, the worst sub-genre is whatever that shit's called where its some guy doing crap death vocal and someone doing 'proper singing' over some droning weak-ass music. is it Fringe-core or something? I couldn't even name any bands but that shit's everywhere at the moment and I don't like it!

You know that sounds just about as retarded as most of the OP's statements, right?

Goofy? Are you actually trying to somehow defend black metal by calling another sub genre goofy? LOL! oh wow. Thrash bands arent the ones wearing makeup and having gay ass stage theatrics. Honestly, i dont think metal gets any goofier than black metal(i dont consider glam to be metal).

Most thrash bands have lyrics similar to Slayer, so lol at your "touching on black metal" comment. Not only do both Thrash metal and Slayer both outdate black metal, but the thrash they played probably influenced most of your beloved black metal musicians.

Also, there are much more bands that are lyrically similar to Slayer in thrash than the handfull of bands that i can call "goofy" such as Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste or even some of the early crossover bands.

For what its worth, I'm pretty sure SS listens to mostly traditional metal so I'm fairly sure he doesn't need the metal history lesson. He's also racist and is probably more offended by American thrash bands like anthrax and ST that almost have hip hoppish influence to their music.

Thrash never needed hip hop influence to be goofy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYHYglem-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYHYglem-M[/ame]

Now some of that is actually some of the better thrash metal, songs I even kind of like, or have enjoyed. But can you honestly deny the sheer goofyness of it all? High tops, blow wave mullet, socks? Check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody on the internet said it so it must be true. I guess I should stop listening to black metal now :(

Thank you subpar, for showing us the light of truth in these darkest of days.

Troll thread attempt success.

Seriously. I hate when people here start discussing shitty topics in all seriousness. Someone starts a thread "BASS IS IMPORTANT IT'S BETTER THAN GUITARZ 1111!!!!" and then there's 50 pages of blabber. It's astonishing.

I'm pretty sure SS listens to mostly traditional metal so I'm fairly sure he doesn't need the metal history lesson.

It doesn't matter what he listens to. I've seen the guy post plenty of nonsense, especially when it comes to thrash ... which clearly proves that he definitely needs some kind of history lesson in metal, just as his last post showed.

I can start liniking countless pics and videos of black metal bands that would make anyone here chuckle, but i wont bother with somehting i'm pretty sure everyone here who lives in actual reality already knows.

Oh and once again , lol at the guy not needing a history lesson, we're talking thrash and he freaking linked a Raven video :lol:

edit: And how can someone who listens to Dio, Manowar and King Diamond call thrash goofy? :lol:

Anthrax definitely are a goofy ass band ... but the rest of the videos from that post are pretty on par with what metal was in the 80's.

Still doesnt have shit on full grown men wearing make-up and prancing around stage with their gay ass theatrics. IMO black metal is even goofier than traditional metal.