Masters of a Subgenre

Grindcore is just as metal as any power metal band.
:lol: For a fanboy you sure don't know much about it. Plenty of grindcore fans around here, myself included, you just don't notice us because we don't share your childish need to wear it on your sleeve or your martyr complex.

Thrash:
Slayer
Metallica
um... Kreator

I don't follow rules, regardless if you make them or anyone else does. I did 4 cause I felt like it. the general consensus on this board is "power metal > grindcore". If you're so sick of me calling out people for not liking it, then shit should change. Grindcore is just as metal as any power metal band. Unfortunately, everyone thinks its either a) punk genre (which in a way it is, yet not at the same time) or b) its useless noise, which smacks of ignorance. I'm tired of v5 and I (did childrengrinder get banned?) being the only big time grind fans on this board. shit's gotta change. I'm just sick of everytime I make a grindcore related post, some n00b chimes in with "grindcore sucks" or "grindcore is lame". If this ceases to happen, maybe I'll stop bashing power metal.

i like grindcore and beleive it (or at least the goregrind bands ive heard) are metal, but to get upset over someone saying it sucks is stupid mostly because thats what forums are for.

:lol: For a fanboy you sure don't know much about it. Plenty of grindcore fans around here, myself included, you just don't notice us because we don't share your childish need to wear it on your sleeve or your martyr complex.

martyr? ha! I only mention it when someone says something negative about it. in all actuality, nowadays I'm bigger fan of death metal than grindcore. so there goes your theory out the window.

Shut the fuck up already. "Shit's gotta change?" I know I've asked you this many times, but WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You think that just because you like grindcore that a notable amount of people on the board you choose to patron should like grindcore too? People like what they enjoy. You can't force people to like things. So nothing has to change. You just have to fucking deal with it. And I very rarely see any non-joking comments derogatory regarding grindcore, so I think you're vastly overstating the case.

How about you stop bashing power metal and I won't give you infractions every time you do it? And obviously I'll be giving out infractions for anyone else that bashes somebody else's taste in music as well, including grindcore. So grow up and deal with it. This isn't your playground, let alone your message board.

ok its settled. I will stop. can we go back to what this thread was originally about?

You mean before you whined about the original poster not listing grindcore? Sure.

martyr? ha! I only mention it when someone says something negative about it. in all actuality, nowadays I'm bigger fan of death metal than grindcore. so there goes your theory out the window.
Martyr, as in you actively seek out opportunities to publicly suffer for the genre, take comments about it personally, draw attention to yourself as a crusader in a land of grind-hating heathens, etc. But I'm happy for your epiphany.

Death metal:
Morbid Angel
Deicide
Um... Entombed