Masters of a Subgenre

Shut the fuck up you idiot, you say this shit ALL THE TIME and it's beyond annoying already. I'm not taking it 'personally,' I'm telling you to shut the fuck up and stop saying it because it's completely retarded and makes no god damn sense whatsoever.

You're a fucking sheep for not listening to Power Metal.

And you can't count to 3.

Maybe he's in scientific mode

Grindcore is not punk or metal, it's grindcore.

For the record, I love grindcore, but there's a lot of bands I can't stand in the genre.

Grindcore rules, and a lot of it is VERY close to metal...for instance, Terrorizer and Assück are both very (VERY!) death metal in attitude and playing style.

Feel free to list grindcore as another subgenre if you must, but if you could focus on the ones in the opening post, that'd be cool. TBH I didn't list it because I don't give a shit about it (no offense, grind fans).

Since I'm bored, I'll do grindcore.

Napalm Death
Terrorizer
Repulsion

That's pretty open and shut.

Black Metal
gorgoroth
marduk

Death Metal
carcass
morbid angel
suffocation

Doom Metal
disembowelment
my dying bride
morgion

Grindcore rules, and a lot of it is VERY close to metal...for instance, Terrorizer and Assück are both very (VERY!) death metal in attitude and playing style.

it is metal isnt it, i mean i dont thing carcass, exhumed napalm death ... and stuff like that is rock

And you can't count to 3.

I don't follow rules, regardless if you make them or anyone else does. I did 4 cause I felt like it. the general consensus on this board is "power metal > grindcore". If you're so sick of me calling out people for not liking it, then shit should change. Grindcore is just as metal as any power metal band. Unfortunately, everyone thinks its either a) punk genre (which in a way it is, yet not at the same time) or b) its useless noise, which smacks of ignorance. I'm tired of v5 and I (did childrengrinder get banned?) being the only big time grind fans on this board. shit's gotta change. I'm just sick of everytime I make a grindcore related post, some n00b chimes in with "grindcore sucks" or "grindcore is lame". If this ceases to happen, maybe I'll stop bashing power metal.

A lot it is arguably punk (HxC)

(this being directed @ billy, obviously)

@ohio: Power metal is obviously "more metal" than grindcore, even if it's not neccesarily a better genre

I don't follow rules, regardless if you make them or anyone else does. I did 4 cause I felt like it. the general consensus on this board is "power metal > grindcore". If you're so sick of me calling out people for not liking it, then shit should change. Grindcore is just as metal as any power metal band. Unfortunately, everyone thinks its either a) punk genre (which in a way it is, yet not at the same time) or b) its useless noise, which smacks of ignorance. I'm tired of v5 and I (did childrengrinder get banned?) being the only big time grind fans on this board. shit's gotta change. I'm just sick of everytime I make a grindcore related post, some n00b chimes in with "grindcore sucks" or "grindcore is lame". If this ceases to happen, maybe I'll stop bashing power metal.

Shut the fuck up already. "Shit's gotta change?" I know I've asked you this many times, but WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You think that just because you like grindcore that a notable amount of people on the board you choose to patron should like grindcore too? People like what they enjoy. You can't force people to like things. So nothing has to change. You just have to fucking deal with it. And I very rarely see any non-joking comments derogatory regarding grindcore, so I think you're vastly overstating the case.

How about you stop bashing power metal and I won't give you infractions every time you do it? And obviously I'll be giving out infractions for anyone else that bashes somebody else's taste in music as well, including grindcore. So grow up and deal with it. This isn't your playground, let alone your message board.

A lot of it has very close ties to metal but it's still grindcore (with metal influences), not metal. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp. I don't think that many people bash grindcore on this board. A few idiots do (like Blue_Jay and Big Dave) but that's it, really.