Black Metal is the worst subgenre

Did you even fucking read his post you dumbass? He implied jazz musicians often improvise and hence jazz best expresses the exact moment. It is arguable but you didn't even comprehend the basic meaning of what he said because you're fucking dumb and you only push your dumb blabber about Limbonic Art forward and forward. Fucking think for a moment and then post. You're obnoxious as fuck and stop calling people "kid" and "boy", that's the fastest way to be an irritating cunt.

Did I at any point say anything that indicated that I didn't understand what he meant, son? I just happen to think that precisely and perfectly conducting an entire orchestra and/or choir simultaenously is of more musical value than "just making it up as you go along." Does it increase your penis size to use as many variotions of the word "fuck" in the same paragraph as possible, lad? Oh, to be back in the carefree youthful days of high school again... :lol::lol::lol:

Just a minute to say a big thank you to those who do not leave my favourite thread to die!

Continuing with the most ridiculous black metal pics:
bm9.jpg

Holy shit! a black metal pirate! AHHAHAHA

Did I at any point say anything that indicated that I didn't understand what he meant, son? I just happen to think that precisely and perfectly conducting an entire orchestra and/or choir simultaenously is of more musical value than "just making it up as you go along." Does it increase your penis size to use as many variotions of the word "fuck" in the same paragraph as possible, lad? Oh, to be back in the carefree youthful days of high school again... :lol::lol::lol:

Your response indicated so, it's like you were responding to a completely different post. Eligos even summarized his thoughts into three simple points to get the message across and you still keep turning away to something else and distorting what other people tell you. First read the post, try to understand the meaning of it. Then compare it to your opinions, take your time and then formulate a response and TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC. This time again, half of your post is just snooty comments or ad hominem attacks accompanied by "boy" or "lad" in the end. If you think that precisely and perfectly conducting an entire orchestra and/or choir simultaenously is of more musical value than "just making it up as you go along" then say it and it's fine. Maybe I would agree with that. But that's not what you said previously.

This is basic communication skills.

Heh, Cradle of Filth really do sound like Nightwish with blastbeats. Even I didn't believe that before.

But since this thread's about Black Metal:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your response indicated so, it's like you were responding to a completely different post. Eligos even summarized his thoughts into three simple points to get the message across and you still keep turning away to something else and distorting what other people tell you. First read the post, try to understand the meaning of it. Then compare it to your opinions, take your time and then formulate a response and TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC. This time again, half of your post is just snooty comments or ad hominem attacks accompanied by "boy" or "lad" in the end. If you think that precisely and perfectly conducting an entire orchestra and/or choir simultaenously is of more musical value than "just making it up as you go along" then say it and it's fine. Maybe I would agree with that. But that's not what you said previously.

This is basic communication skills.

It is hardly my fault that your inferior reading and interpretive skills led you to believe that I didn't understand what was said, and made it seem to you as if I "was responding to a completely different post," son. Also, he was the one that first meandered off into discussing jazz in a topic about Black Metal, so you're wasting your breath by accusing me of not staying on topic. It's OK, I know that they they don't speak English as a first language in Prague, so your lack of "basic communication skills" is forgiven, lad ;)

Heh, Cradle of Filth really do sound like Nightwish with blastbeats. [/url]

One of those ignorant little kids that just has to hear a hint of melodic female vocals and automatically go: "OMGGGZZ ITZ LIKEZ TOTALLY A NIGHTWISH CLONEZZ!!!" The song "Nymphetamine" may have been Nightwish-like, but that was pretty much the one and only time. This is good stuff:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's not Nightwish. Actually has a good deal of Black Metal-Riffing, which is good. However, repeating eight chords on the keys for the largest part, doesn't sound that symphonic to me. And I'm still not sure if I like Dani's vocals. But sorry, his part around 5:30 is simply ridiculous.

Yep, that's not Nightwish. Actually has a good deal of Black Metal-Riffing, which is good. However, repeating eight chords on the keys for the largest part, doesn't sound that symphonic to me. And I'm still not sure if I like Dani's vocals. But sorry, his part around 5:30 is simply ridiculous.

Well, it's not the most incredibly symphonic song ever, but I still really do enjoy the amazing atmosphere that is created with the keyboards here: good equal doses of epic, hypnotic, and beautiful. I appreciate the fact that he can switch his vocals between ominous kinda chanting and high-pitched shrieking, rather than just sticking to a single tone like I've heard far too many vocalists do before. 5:30? Well, that just shows that he's got great lung capacity, haha :headbang:

Jesus Christ this UltimateApathy character and his retarded musings are getting obnoxious as fuck. Ban him already god dammit.

*Yawn* You can't ban someone for saying they like Cradle of Filth, don't be so boring, son :rolleyes:

Just to quote someone who is 100% correct: "Yeah, yeah, we all know Cradle of Filth isn’t black metal — they’re more a retarded version of Marilyn Manson aimed at really sexually frustrated teenage losers"

I think that was the most accurate description of a band ever!

Anyone who can listen to Krallice and say it needs more of anything needs to have their ears checked. Seriously, that band is so noisy that adding anything to the mix would make it almost unlistenable.

I don't think you get it, dude. Like at all. I'm sorry.

For black metal? Pffff, Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger does a better job at evoking atmospehre (not to mention that it is actually proper black metal) and does so with a minimalist approach (truer to the genre's convictons) and without the need of superfluous 'symphonic/orchestral elements':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iaj2w7Bp58

In terms of historical significance within the genre, the Darkthrone song is definitely more prominent, but if you were to place the two songs alongside one another without any historical context of any kind, I'd choose the Cradle of Filth song.
Yes, I really do like the drumming on the Darkthrone song more because it creates that hypnotic/epic feeling that I like so much, but the Cradle of Filth song does have a decent amount of similar drumming and also - more significantly - keyboards that are used to create a much more powerful, complex, and beautiful atmosphere than one ever could with only dissonant guitar playing (technophobes not invited, lad).
There are also some guitar solos that help increase the diversity of the CoF song, but the main and most important difference lies in the vocals: the Darkthrone vocals are basically totally monotonous through the entire song, but in the CoF song there are ominous chanting-like vocals, shrieked vocals, and melodic female vocals - not hard to see who wins the contest for variety and uniqueness here, right?
So basically, they're both pretty solid songs, but the CoF song has the edge in a couple more ways.