Black Metal is the worst subgenre

I'm not surprised, you were the kid that spammed the "Band Recommendations" forum with about 5 different topics asking for Power Metal, even though I replied to the first two with long lists of relevant bands and youtube links, which you somehow managed to ignore. I guess you just liked the look of many topics with your name on them, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you really this ignorant to bring up something that has nothing to do with current topic and accuse me of spamming? Hypocracy.

That is nothing:

4-8-Mayhem-Dawn-of-the-Black-Hearts1.jpg

What you just saw is an actual photo of their former vocalist who blew his brains out with a shotgun, they used it as an album cover...

Not sure if I feel sorry for those fucked up guys that would put something like this on an album, or for the guys actually buying such albums.

Wait, probably both..

On the contrary, I'm not ignorant at all, I remember exactly what happened, kid. Just so you know, I spent about an hour finding all those bands and songs for you...

Thankyou. I just don't find it spamming when I'm a new member and looking for music and doing What I'm supposed to do.
-
Hipocracy is when a hippo is being funny.
I'm calling UltimateApathy a hippo.

Not sure if I feel sorry for those fucked up guys that would put something like this on an album, or for the guys actually buying such albums.

Wait, probably both..

Well, I'm sure they both amply appreciate your delicately-delivered pity, hahaha. That album cover does serve to prove the point that I was making that there is no darker or more mysterious subgenre of metal than Black Metal.

Well, you're not supposed to post 4-5 topics with the same subject, that's for sure, and yes, that does count as spam. Did you ever find any of that blessed Power Metal that you were looking for anyway?

Blessed? Well, if your referring to religion, all that shit sounds pretty lame. Except Theocracy.

Here's an opinion I'll be accused of homosex for having, black metal shouldn't really be played live in daylight hours, it just looks awkward.

UltimateApathy, it's horrifically apparent that you spend an unhealthy amount of time in your own head, conducting internal dialogue that is only as divergent as it is masturbatory.

The bands that you worship (as it can only be assumed that you've constructed a makeshift altar to some of them) are often the standard fare of 90's video games coupled with mediocre guitar riffs. You are overrating the music you enjoy by several long shots.

We of the forum understand that you enjoy the Limbonic Art albums that we turned you on to, but we did not realize at the time that you would subsequently post a video from Moon in the Scorpio on a daily basis. Often the relation of symphonic black metal to the subject you are replying to is imaginary or poorly constructed (Why listen to grindcore when you can listen to this song from Moon in the Scorpio instead, you ask? Because I would rather fucking listen to grindcore). You know shamefully little about the metal library for a man of your age, and yet make authoritative statements about the quality of your favoritey favoritest bands. And your debating skills are worse than those of a Fox newscaster, I'm honestly surprised you haven't tried to qualify your opinions with an argument about how many more views you get than the rest of us.

UltimateApathy, it's horrifically apparent that you spend an unhealthy amount of time in your own head, conducting internal dialogue that is only as divergent as it is masturbatory.

The bands that you worship (as it can only be assumed that you've constructed a makeshift altar to some of them) are often the standard fare of 90's video games coupled with mediocre guitar riffs. You are overrating the music you enjoy by several long shots.

We of the forum understand that you enjoy the Limbonic Art albums that we turned you on to, but we did not realize at the time that you would subsequently post a video from Moon in the Scorpio on a daily basis. Often the relation of symphonic black metal to the subject you are replying to is imaginary or poorly constructed (Why listen to grindcore when you can listen to this song from Moon in the Scorpio instead, you ask? Because I would rather fucking listen to grindcore). You know shamefully little about the metal library for a man of your age, and yet make authoritative statements about the quality of your favoritey favoritest bands. And your debating skills are worse than those of a Fox newscaster, I'm honestly surprised you haven't tried to qualify your opinions with an argument about how many more views you get than the rest of us.

Well, that's a great way to say a whole lot of things without really saying anything, lol.
* Thanks for calling me crazy in a really nerdy kinda way, I'll take that as a compliment.:devil:
* You assume too much, son, although you are welcome to worship at my altar anytime you want, haha. Why in this world would you ever expect me to simply bow down and agree with you when you say that the bands I like are shitty? Who appointed you the almighty oracle of all things that are holy and metal, kid? :rolleyes:
* You are clearly underrating the range of my metal listening experience simply because I'm continually discussing black metal in a thread that (surprise, surprise) happens to be about black metal. I listen to a very broad range of metal subgenres every day, including black, power, death, folk, thrash, grindcore, metalcore, progressive, gothic/operatic/symphonic, and so on. I can also show you photos of all the concerts I've been to before, they cover literally every metal subgenre in the book, from Cannibal Corpse to Kamelot - can you honestly say the same, son? I just so happen to prefer, of all the subgenres I listen to, the ones which can blend the epic sound of a full orchestra/choir and other related classical music elements with the other greatest form of music out there - metal. Classical music and metal are the two best genres of music in existance, and they're a marriage made in heaven when wedded well (and no, there isn't any "video game music" going down here, kid). Don't agree there, lad? Well, there's no empirical way to prove which kind of music is "better" than another, unless you perhaps might wish to examine the complexity of the techniques involved - and all my favorite bands score very highly in this regard.
* So yeah, you can save the "look son, I know you're excited but you don't really know much" speech for someone who it might actually be applicable to and wouldn't see right through your phony facade of idiocy. Thanks for trying to be the dad that you apparently think I never had, the effort is much *appreciated* :rolleyes: :lol:

P.S. If you really want to turn this topic into a "metal-dick-measuring-contest," why don't you post some of your favorite songs/bands here so that I can gleefully pick them apart in the same way that you just attempted to do to mine? :popcorn:

Seriously, why is anyone arguing in this thread? Does either side actually think that they're gonna convince the other side of anything. It seems pretty obvious that everyone in this debate already has their mind made up.

Hey, hey, hey. Leave the hippos out of this. They did nothing wrong.

Hahahaha

Black metal is kinda lame. Not for the music, some of the music is really fucking great if you ask me, but for the people who are into it.

And not because they're so extreme and depraved either, shit I get turned on watching crime documentaries and cut my lovers the fuck up during sex. It's because they're faggoty image-obsessed dickwads who care more about an album cover and the name of a band than the music contained therein. Find something else to be proud of, losers.

^ You need to remove the whole '?1318992465' at the end of the url so that it ends on '.jpg' and is recognized as an image.