"metalcore as a subgenre destroys the other subgenres"

Z He Lives

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2003
Visit site
FIRST! I Didn`t say that. I would never say that. I could never even begin to start the thought process that would bring that about.

BUT, I read this on another board, and I couldn`t even think about what he is saying...

"Once again, metalcore as a subgenre destroys the other subgenres as in what is being put out right now. It's not even close. I'm still not hearing anything. Atleast Dead1 put some effort into it with Death Metal.

Oh yeah, the latest Shadows Fall destroys anything Motorhead has put out in 20 years. How much longer can Lemmy ride Ace of Spades?

You people have no point of view because:

A. I'm right
B. You don't know anything about metal to provide an arguement
C. Just keep listening to Metallica.. MASTER!! MASTER!!!"

(Breaks keyboard over knee, eats speakers)

so basically you thought that GMD wasn't fucking retarded enough already and that you needed to bring in more stupidity from outside? well played dude, well fucking played

Z He Lives said:
FIRST! I Didn`t say that. I would never say that. I could never even begin to start the thought process that would bring that about.

BUT, I read this on another board, and I couldn`t even think about what he is saying...

"Once again, metalcore as a subgenre destroys the other subgenres as in what is being put out right now. It's not even close. I'm still not hearing anything. Atleast Dead1 put some effort into it with Death Metal.

Oh yeah, the latest Shadows Fall destroys anything Motorhead has put out in 20 years. How much longer can Lemmy ride Ace of Spades?

You people have no point of view because:

A. I'm right
B. You don't know anything about metal to provide an arguement
C. Just keep listening to Metallica.. MASTER!! MASTER!!!"

(Breaks keyboard over knee, eats speakers)

thats a load of shit. the more metal core i hear the less i like it. im listening to beneath the massacre and it just makes me want to throw my trivium cd away.

Vital Remains said:
thats a load of shit. the more metal core i hear the less i like it. im listening to beneath the massacre and it just makes me want to throw my trivium cd away.
Metalcore fucking sucks. The Trivium CDs that are thrown away the better off the world would be. I'm sooooooo tired of hearing about how heavy Unearth and As i lay dying are. They're just stupid.

I'm confused as to why Shadows Fall is classified as metalcore. When i listen to them, which i do often, I hear a more 80's thrash influence than a hardcore influence. of one blood is deffinately leaning towards the Metalcore scene what with all the chug riffs and retarted vocals, but the new stuff is pure fucking thrash remicent of slayer, maiden, and 80's metallica. any insight?

Idunnonuten said:
Metalcore fucking sucks. The Trivium CDs that are thrown away the better off the world would be. I'm sooooooo tired of hearing about how heavy Unearth and As i lay dying are. They're just stupid.

I'm confused as to why Shadows Fall is classified as metalcore. When i listen to them, which i do often, I hear a more 80's thrash influence than a hardcore influence. of one blood is deffinately leaning towards the Metalcore scene what with all the chug riffs and retarted vocals, but the new stuff is pure fucking thrash remicent of slayer, maiden, and 80's metallica. any insight?

Whenever I hear Shadows Fall I hear Half-Thrash riffs mixed in with chuggah, and the chuggah makes Shadows Fall metalcore. Same with Lamb of God. They both have half thrash riffs mixed in with chuggah.

swizzlenuts said:
Whenever I hear Shadows Fall I hear Half-Thrash riffs mixed in with chuggah, and the chuggah makes Shadows Fall metalcore. Same with Lamb of God. They both have half thrash riffs mixed in with chuggah.

I those are my favorite metalcore bands. I'm a sucker for a good chuggah.

Anyway I don't think this "duuuh metalcore rools" Vs."In my superior opinion, metalcore in it's entirity, doesn't constitute music" argument is really worth going into.

Sinister Mephisto said:
I those are my favorite metalcore bands. I'm a sucker for a good chuggah.

Anyway I don't think this "duuuh metalcore rools" Vs."In my superior opinion, metalcore in it's entirity, doesn't constitute music" argument is really worth going into.

I'm not a fan of any chuggah. To me chuggah shows an inability to write a catchy flowing riff, and it seems psuedo-heavy.

Lyle said:
who gives a shit

ugly-dog-743667.jpg

I don't like Shadows fall...But bands such as: As I lay dying, Darkest hour, and Lamb of god, I like.

I can't stand those people that say it is the heaviest music, but this shouldnt make you completely hate it... I think of it as a matter of whether you like the band or not.

heh, anything like Nile is too heavy for me...but I have only heard one song from them, cuz honestly when they start singing lower and start growling more, It pisses me off cuz I can't hear what the hell theyre saying...

I get pissed off, as I have mentioned in a similar thread, when people just start throwing the term "metalcore" around and use it to label bands they don't like. Using that standard, I should call Dragonforce metalcore, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get away with it.
BTW, I think that Shadows Fall and Lamb of God are pretty decent THRASH bands. I don't really hear much 'core going on.

I like SOME metalcore, the same as I like elements of rap, nu-metal, rock, classical, jass, and yes, *sigh*, emo. Personally I like the idea of metalcore (fusion of the intensity of hardcore and the skill of metal), but the end result falls way short of how it should be. There are bands that come close (Parkway Drive, for example, but they are more hardcore than the bands usually discussed around here) but on the whole, metalcore is a dissapointment. IMO, Trivium is more mathcore, as is Meshuggah.

But anyways (and on the subject of the first few posts), I think there is always room for intelligent discussion about the relative strenghts and weaknesses of different genres so long as it doesn't fall into the "X roolz fag, no Y is da best cockhed" trap. Facts and examples beat personal attacks any day, and hence Z He Lives has failed to create a decent argument by not only attacking any dissenters, but also being so unoriginal as to copy someone else's point of view. I am going to sink to your level for a bit.

WAY TO BE A SHEEP, DICKHEAD. NEXT TIME, GROW A BRAIN (and some balls while you are at it) AND FORMULATE YOUR OWN OPINION.