"metalcore as a subgenre destroys the other subgenres"

ProjectedBlack said:
You do know that Hardcore is just an "extreme emo" genre, right?
Wrong. Wrongwrongwrong. Emo, previously known as emotional hardcore, then emocore, was spawned out of the dissolution of numerous hardcore bands in the early 80s, who wanted to play something more mature and introspective... I'll just refer you to the site.

And fuck, I love AFI. Period. No reason to bring them up in here.

LordoftheStorms said:
Wrong. Wrongwrongwrong. Emo, previously known as emotional hardcore, then emocore, was spawned out of the dissolution of numerous hardcore bands in the early 80s, who wanted to play something more mature and introspective... I'll just refer you to the site.

And fuck, I love AFI. Period. No reason to bring them up in here.

Referring to 80's Hardcore and Emo has absolutely nothing to do with present day Emo and Hardcore, most hard-core bands just tailor to a bunch of whiny, girl pants, angsty teens just like emo bands do. It may be not an exact genre description, but when a band wears girl pants, sing/screams about lost loves and how "traumatized" they are and plays poppy riffs they fall under "emo" in my book.

blakscorpion21 said:
thats not fair, that is one of their ballads. just because a song is not about death and evil doesnt mean it is emo inspired.

There's a lot of extreme Metal acts that don't play music about Death and Evil. Also, that may be one of their "ballads" but a lot of their songs fall under that mood. Do you want me to post more lyrics or do you just want to move on?

ProjectedBlack said:
Referring to 80's Hardcore and Emo has absolutely nothing to do with present day Emo and Hardcore, most hard-core bands just tailor to a bunch of whiny, girl pants, angsty teens just like emo bands do. It may be not an exact genre description, but when a band wears girl pants, sing/screams about lost loves and how "traumatized" they are and plays poppy riffs they fall under "emo" in my book.

lol. exactly.

ProjectedBlack said:
Real present day emo and hardcore isn't very far removed from it's roots in the 80s. Seriously, listen to Circle Takes the Square (screamo), Bane (hardcore), and some Planes Mistaken for Stars (hardcore/screamo/emo/stuff).

I mean really, have you abandoned naming true black metal bands because of Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, and others that try to be them?

VampyrRose said:
Stuff like Atreyu (...) Dillinger Escape Plan and other shite like that?

I feel compelled to point out that placing Atreyu and the DEP in the same genre is like calling the Backstreet Boys "neo-minimalist industrial goregrind, along the lines of Frank Sinatra's more brutal work."

Ridiculous.

7 Angels, 7 Plagues
Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus
The Sawtooth Grin
Circle Of Dead Children
Buried Inside
Training For Utopia
The Locust
Cave In
Burnt By The Sun
Converge
Leng T'che
Crowpath
The End
Cult Of Luna
Daughters
Curl Up And Die
The Red Chord
Ed Gein
Today Is The Day
Glass Casket
The Chariot
HALO
Into The Moat
Ion Dissonance
Psyopus
James Dean Trio
Japanische Kampfhoerspiele
Pig Destroyer
Tusk

LordoftheStorms said:
Real present day emo and hardcore isn't very far removed from it's roots in the 80s. Seriously, listen to Circle Takes the Square (screamo), Bane (hardcore), and some Planes Mistaken for Stars (hardcore/screamo/emo/stuff).

I mean really, have you abandoned naming true black metal bands because of Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, and others that try to be them?

In that case I suppose I'm not overly familiar with the genre, I was under the assumption that the mainstream acts defined the genre and based on seeing local emo/hardcore bands. Even still, the genres are still related.

Embers Astray said:
I think it is hilarious that a lot of you write off this genre because you heard Lamb of God, Bleeding Through, and As I Lay Dying and since they are probally the weakest examples in the genre, download some songs from these bands..you will end up eating your words.

Despised Icon
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Ion Dissonance
Into the Moat
Psyopus
Ed Gein
The Number Twelve Looks Like You

Despised Icon is awful, and they're even worse live. Ion Dissonance is half-decent. Psyopus is terrible. Ed Gein sucks. The Number 12 is from my area and they're the most overrated local band in existence.

Grindcore riffs miked with chromatic wankery on the high frets with no compositional direction whatsoever does not culminate in good music.

Teh Grimarse said:
I feel compelled to point out that placing Atreyu and the DEP in the same genre is like calling the Backstreet Boys "neo-minimalist industrial goregrind, along the lines of Frank Sinatra's more brutal work."

Ridiculous.

They may not sound all that similar but the audience of both bands is 99% tight-pants wearing scene kids.l

It doesn't change the fact that both bands suck in their own special way.

I swear to god 99% of the problem metal people have with "-core" stuff is the same problem most other people have with metal and it's fans... looks stupid, sounds noisy and disorganized, too many "scene" kids, too little difference between bands/songs/riffs... a fan of classical music or jazz or indie rock would call even the most melodic metal "talentless crap with stupid screaming".

EDIT: Ed Gein fucking rules.

RE-EDIT: Psyopus is better at what Ion Dissonance does than Ion Dissonance is. So WTF?

I just can't stand the crowd that listens to metalcore. They all look emo to me and they always say they aren't emo yet they listen to bands like Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold which has very obvious emo influences.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I just can't stand the crowd that listens to metalcore. They all look emo to me and they always say they aren't emo yet they listen to bands like Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold which has very obvious emo influences.

I live in Long Island where supposedly the "third wave of emo" developed. 30% of all white LI kids are wiggerrs, 60% emo/metalcore fags, and the rest are normal sophisticated people. Thank god there's some left.