Death Metal.

Doom/Death.
Doom/Sludge Metal.
Industrial.
Progressive.
Thrash/Speed Metal.
Traditional.
Goth.

True, I was more focusing on the fact that another member likes progressive metal.

TBH I find post metal quite boring.

Also one could argue that folksy black metal is a more progressive form of "standard" black metal, therefore it's progressive metal?

I would think incorporating folk into a standard metal genre (not necessarily "tinges") is the start of making a band more progressive, ie moving forward, into something different.

I guess it depends on how far they go.

Progressive Metal applies to bands like Dream Theater if that helps. Progressive Death Metal bands wouldn't fall into this category because, at its core, it's Death Metal, not Prog.

Progressive Metal applies to bands like Dream Theater if that helps. Progressive Death Metal bands wouldn't fall into this category because, at its core, it's Death Metal, not Prog.

Nah.

Lateralus - I know that a lot of the 90's black metal scenes were folksy from the get-go, but the reason why I loop them in with prog is because they seem to be considered something separate when black metal acts are ranked and put into lists and such, much like Emperor or Moonsorrow.

I went with Black. I listen to just about every sub-genre under the sun, and I definitely go in streaks with specific sub-genres, but Black Metal is probably the genre I most consistently listen to and remain highly interested in.

Death and Thrash mainly but if I have to rank it then...
Death > Thrash > Black > Heavy > Prog

Doom metal with Death metal (regular and old school death) following closely. While I still listen to some thrash and progressive every odd day, nearly all the time that I am listening to metal it is either doom or death with doom being the only metal sub genre with plenty I enjoy in any of it's different styles.

So, doom it is for this poll.

In before Mort tells you that you should've just voted death metal since death/doom and funeral doom are death metal and not doom metal.