What Is The WORST Metal Subgenre?

What is the WORST metal subgenre?

• Total voters
XxÜltimetallïumxX;10750372 said:
I thought we established this.

You established it when your name was still MythicLamb, you mean? Why the name change, son? Hell, I didn't even know it was possible for us to change our names without contacting the admin...

On an unrelated note, has anyone here listened to that "Odin's Court" band that is plastered all over the website in adverts? I generally like Power Metal, but WOW, that was just a few steps short of utterly ATROCI- and now, time for a brief word from our sponsors... :Spin::lol:

I am not a fan of most progressive, but I see the need for it to discover new musical directions. I vote for glam as the worst. At least metalcore and deathcore can still sound heavy-ish

I really hate every "modern" genre of music esp. NWOAHM and all this Modern Metal/Metalcore crap. They just destroy everything that was good in metal used to be and spoil it with their mainstream and trendy faggot shit.
There are of course alot of bands also in Thrash metal who incorporate modern sounds like Evile, Havok etc. but they keep the old-school spirit alive..

I would probably say power metal and I do like those early 90s heavy/power bands but let's be honest... That's not been what power metal "is" for years. Wailing like a sissy about dragons and elves the entire album to lame power metal overlayed with bad symphonics is just abysmal.

As much as I enjoy power metal I have to agree with this. There is a disturbing lack of power in today's power metal.

As a more general observation: I remember reading somewhere that this website initially started as a place to promotote mostly underground kinda Metal bands. Now, bearing that in mind, what does the fact that both Glam Metal and Metalcore are currently (as I type this) rated more highly in this poll than Black Metal tell us about this website's current crop of users? o_O

I voted black metal just to screw with the results, son. I wasn't aware this was serious business.

As much as I enjoy power metal I have to agree with this. There is a disturbing lack of power in today's power metal.

I voted black metal just to screw with the results, son. I wasn't aware this was serious business.

This is some of the most powerful Power Metal I've ever listened to - and it's modern. Power Metal isn't dead by a long shot:

Oh, and I'm sure we're all raucously applauding the incredible degree of maturity you displayed right there in your voting, lad... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, Metalcore is an abomination but Deathcore even more so imo.

If I didn't know better and looked at the current standings of the poll, I'd be baffled by the fact that black metal seems to have a legitimate shot at winning this. But nearly half of the votes for it are joke/troll votes from what I can tell. Also that vote for death metal, wtf.

Two, including myself, have already admitted to voting black metal, a fine subgenre, as worst, due to the shitty nature of this thread. So at best, BM has 5 votes.

Two, including myself, have already admitted to voting black metal, a fine subgenre, as worst, due to the shitty nature of this thread. So at best, BM has 5 votes.

By saying this, you're effectively rendering your vote worthless anyway - it's a bit like telling someonwe that you're going to play a practical joke on them before you do it. However, at least practical jokes tend to generally have some degree of humor to them... :rolleyes::loco:

How ironic is fact that black metal is hated more than metalcore and deathcore. Not enough elitists in this world.

Black metal is hated because of the stupidity that goes with it. There are waay too many psychopaths (who call themselves arists), doing ridiculous things, and not just naive things, but serious crimes. I mean, how fucking brainwashed you have to be to believe that your god will be pleased if you torture and decapitate animals. Or you will do any good to the people by burning churches (other than having the government rebuild them with your and their money).

No I won't "hate" a kid that screams on the microphone and thinks he's someone, but I would hate a psycopath doing things I mentioned before.
Black metal also has huge neo-nazi movements and groups.

No, of course it does not go for the whole genre, but a bad name is a bad name.

But enough of this, back to trolling.

You should judge the music based on the music itself, not by the actions of a few who happened to play such music. I'm sure you can find murderers and weirdos who played Death Metal too.

Is hair metal the same thing as Glam Metal?

WHAOW!

Slime on your face...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was torn between everything with the word 'core' in it... but since they were all grindcore's fault anyways, I went with that.

I really don't pay much attention to specific genres (altho. I do acknowledge them). I just listen to what I like.