What Is The WORST Metal Subgenre?

What is the WORST metal subgenre?

• Total voters
Black metal is definitely the worst. After the deaths of Euronymous and Dead of Mayhem fame; it has done nothing but go downhill from there. The black metal genre has had an identity crisis ever since; which is why it is such a poorly defined genre.

Black metal is definitely the worst. After the deaths of Euronymous and Dead of Mayhem fame; it has done nothing but go downhill from there. The black metal genre has had an identity crisis ever since; which is why it is such a poorly defined genre.

:erk:

I have a feeling that you have no clue about Black Metal..

You can think whatever the fuck you want. You think black metal is actually good music, so it does not get any lower than this.

I was quoting a different person though.

I agree, I think a lot of BM isn't that good, but to sit there and say Emperor isn't good music is just ignorant/dumb/stupid.

Did some major cleanup in this thread, few reminders/points of interest:

1. Your opinion does not equal the be all end all, get over yourself and your genres.

2. Enough with the "faggot" and "my pals" stuff - Butt and Hamburger you're the worst offenders.

3. Yelloweyed if you continue to troll for the sake of trolling, your account will be closed.

4. Black Metal - I don't get it either and don't care for most of it - but like some bands. It's ok, the world will still revolve and the sun will still rise fellas!

Now, please swallow one of these chill pills *hands to everyone* and let's just -- get along? :)

Actual metalcore is pretty good.

Take this song for example, a great mix of thrash metal and hardcore without being crossover IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the first metalcore band. Although this would be more considered straight up hardcore punk today.

I gotta agree that post-2000's melodic metalcore is total garbage tho.

There's no doubt that 90's metalcore is quite different from what it has become in early/mid-2000's. It's enough to compare bands like Ringworm, Integrity or Merauder with Bleeding Through and It Dies Today to see a huge abyss between them. So I'm more than confident, those who mentioned here metalcore as the worst subgenre meant all that gay breakdown shit, not actual 90's metalcore.

There's no doubt that 90's metalcore is quite different from what it has become in early/mid-2000's. It's enough to compare bands like Ringworm, Integrity or Merauder with Bleeding Through and It Dies Today to see a huge abyss between them. So I'm more than confident, those who mentioned here metalcore as the worst subgenre meant all that gay breakdown shit, not actual 90's metalcore.

There are good bands in probably every genre. Although if 90% of it is pure crap, then the genre sucks. That's why people voted metalcore and thats why people voted black metal. etc

Yelloweye never knows what the fuck he's saying. He's the resident worst poster.

As for worst genre, every genre has merit but anything overly folky or progressive in metal is the worst.

My post is relatively tame to what I said before dude. Also I'm probably as old as you, if not, not much younger, bud.

Well, it looks like the current winner is Deathcore, so allow me to post this as a homage to it:

Also, very interesting that my comment along the lines of "Almost all the so-called Satanic Black Metal musicians don't actually believe in or worship Satan or anything like that, they just use those lyrics and imagery for atmospheric effect" seems to have been deleted. Any of the moderators disagree and wish to debate this statement here?

Woah there, sonny boy-o. You're talking like a sweet sip of sarsaparilla and it's makin me lightheaded something fierce. How's about you kick back on that teeter totter and I'll throw rocks at the class retard?

Thereupon, I shall toss my cape behind me, a cackle escaping my dubious alabaster lips, that we may bask in the fierce syncopated battery and triumphant string ensemble of mankind's finest creation.

Dude metalages is in charge, literally. If he deletes your posts just deal with it.

The only reason I can see for deleting a post like that would be if the moderator himself truly and profoundly believes that Black Metal musicians do in fact fanatically kill cats in pentagrams, drink blood, and just generally worship Satan at every chance they get. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he himself has a goat-horned altar to Lucifer in the basement...

Ok dude I'm not sure you understand. MetalAges is the OWNER of ultimate metal. This is not a democracy and it doesnt matter if you disagree with what he does.