What is your favourite PQ record?

Nov 6, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
Difficult one to answer. I think at the moment my favourite is "Magic Never Dies", it's the catchiest album ever! It's also the newest one to me as I got it after "Master of Illusion".

Currently I'm listening to Neverworld a lot after re-purchasing to get my hands on that DVD. I'd forgotten how great it is also...

This question applies to you to Steve!

Despite Neverworld being the first one I heard and listening to it over a dozen times straight before finally listening to something else, I gotta give it to Magic Never Dies, too. It has most of my favorite songs on it and there's an atmosphere that is as happy as Neverworld's, but it's a little deeper. Neverworld is most definitely a close second, though.

Oh I'm sure this has been discussed before.

I'm going to agree that it's a damn near impossible choice. I supposed I have to go with Neverworld though if only because the first PQ song I ever heard was from there.

Despite Neverworld being the first one I heard and listening to it over a dozen times straight before finally listening to something else, I gotta give it to Magic Never Dies, too. It has most of my favorite songs on it and there's an atmosphere that is as happy as Neverworld's, but it's a little deeper. Neverworld is most definitely a close second, though.

You nailed my thoughts down exactly. Very well done.

But Neverworld (the song) is so brilliant it almost lifts the entire album (which is awesome anyway) up there to rest beside MND.

I love ALL of the PQ albums but if I think about which one I like the most(favourite), probably, Master Of Illusion because there's basically no single song that I find bad or boring on it. Very catchy, very well made....the guests that performed have done a great job as well.

Ultimately, my favorite is Magic Never Dies. It just has the best lyrics, melodies, and performance. Neverworld and Wings Of Forever are both great albums, Wings was a little heavy on the drums, but had great melodic songs. Neverworld has my fave PQ song (Into The Light) and plenty of other great tracks, including my fave PQ ballad, "When I'm Gone". Master Of Illusion was good, but it seemed like so much of a diversion from the PQ I knew... and the lyrics.... highly political in comparison to the old stuff. I like to nickname that album Politiquest! Nevertheless it had great songs like "The Vigil" and "Never Again".

Ultimately, my favorite is Magic Never Dies. It just has the best lyrics, melodies, and performance. Neverworld and Wings Of Forever are both great albums, Wings was a little heavy on the drums, but had great melodic songs. Neverworld has my fave PQ song (Into The Light) and plenty of other great tracks, including my fave PQ ballad, "When I'm Gone". Master Of Illusion was good, but it seemed like so much of a diversion from the PQ I knew... and the lyrics.... highly political in comparison to the old stuff. I like to nickname that album Politiquest! Nevertheless it had great songs like "The Vigil" and "Never Again".
Diversion is actually a good thing dude. Master Of Illusion remained true to PQ's sound and still added new characteristics to the music.

Diversion is actually a good thing dude. Master Of Illusion remained true to PQ's sound and still added new characteristics to the music.

I get what you're saying. I think I was judging MOI by just a few songs I didn't like all that much (such as Civilized), when in fact there were plenty of excellent songs, like Master Of Illusion, The Vigil, and Never Again.