What is your favourite(s) music DVD?

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Mine would be Death On The Road, and Dark Tranquillity's Where Death Is Most Alive.

Where Death Is Most Alive is just an amazing package and easily the best presented live video I have seen. The lighting and camera work give it an incredible look, the mix and performances are perfect and the setlist is strong. My only gripe with this one is the lack of material from their best album Damage Done (only two songs), but they cover most of it on their previous DVD Live Damage, so it is a forgivable oversight.

DotR has an awesome setlist (I am a big fan of Dance Of Death, so that helps) which isn't littered with that little bit too much new material like I feel Rock In Rio is. The stage show is awesome and the guys just rip it. My only gripe is the second encore of Number of the Beast and Run To The Hills is a little lackluster compared to some versions, but they are a positive end to an amazing show.

I also really love the live footage on the Early Days DVD. The Beast Over Hammersmith footage is some of the best Maiden I have seen. Playing tracks from NOTB before it is released to the shock of fans is a piece of history, and they are killer versions as well, not to mention the way they plow through DiAnno era songs like Iron Maiden with more ferocity than ever before. Love that shit.

The best value one I can think of is Priest's Electric Eye. All the bands promo videos, the full live video of Priest Live! and bonus cuts recorded for tv from the early days make it one mean package that you can pick up for around $10.

Another one I love is my Jeff Martin and the Toronto Tabla Ensemble recorded at the Enmore. This one is special because it was recorded the night after I saw him in Melbourne, and it was one of my top 5 gigs ever. Great memory preserver and a good DVD!

haven't seen the DT one yet

was actually thinking about this recently, because was half watching the latest Opeth live DVD In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall

it is truly amazing. with the two DVDs. the 1st being the entire Blackwater Park album and the 2nd being songs from every album (except Blackwater Park) to celebrate their 20 years as a band
Mikael is still a cheeky bastard and they play so well

same can be said for Pain of Salvation on their Ending Themes On the Two Deaths of. . .
really tight band live, good playing around too

a band with surprising power and stage presence is Apocalypticaon their Life Burns tour DVD
the guys truly get into it

Sentenced on their Buried Alive one (their last ever show!) are tops but all in Finnish
at least you can get subs for the talking bits

Rainbows - Final Cut and Live Between the Eyes, Videos plus live performances.
Priest's Electric Eye -
Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil.
Eduy- Fuking with Fire
Saxon - Live

Any of the Classis rock series ... MAIDEN, LEPPARD, SABBATH, motorhead ETC

Death on the Road is a fav here too, also Suicidal Tendencies Live In Venice or whatever it is called I love.

Can't really think of any others at the moment, even though there is shit loads of them, Sepultura's Lin in Sao Paulo is good, just gotta get around the mixing in the first couple of songs

My favourite is probably Suicidal Tendencies' Lights, Camera, Suicidal. Doesn't go for all that long, but it's awesome.

How can you guys watch Death on the Road?

I can't watch it the camera changes every 2 seconds. If I had epilepsy I would have a seizure.... It seriously doesn't stay on 1 camera angle for more than 5 seconds. I had to turn it off after 10 minutes.

The CD on the other hand is amazing.

I'm with BrightEyes on Death on the Road. The editing is OK on one or two songs - Dance of Death and Journeyman - but it's a dog's breakfast everywhere else.

It drives me crazy for the first couple of tracks, but the combination of it easing off after a few songs and getting used to it makes it watchable. It certainly isn't edited too well, but the quality of the performance, sound production, stage show, setlist etc make up for that IMO. The editing on RIR grates on me much worse.

Watched Black Sabbath, live in 1980 includes "War Pigs", "Neon Knights", "N.I.B."/ "Iron Man", Tony Iommi guitar solo, "Paranoid"/ "Heaven And Hell"/ "Die Young". and the second part is live Monsters of Rock with Bill Ward druming on Tony Martin era stuff very interesting to say the least not a favorite but its good to have the Sabbath part of mY Black and Blue VHS on DVD

The Pain of Salvation dvd Ending Themes On the Two Deaths of. . . is very good.
Great performance and sound and songlist.

Dream Theaters Live at Budokan is great.... Very good quality camerawork and performance and setlist.

Dream Theater Live Scenes from NY, whilst not the best sound/video quality, has the SFAM album in full as well as a greatist hits up til that point... very nice selection of songs... even though they left some of the gig off.

Whitesnakes most recent dvd from about 3 years ago... I think it is called Live in the Still of the Night.... great setlist and quality sound/video.... Always good to chuck that one on when doing some housework :)

From a show / performance point of view, Blind Guardian's "Imaginations Through the Looking Glass"

I'm watching the Black Dahlia Murder dvd now and I just keep thinking to myself "how the hell do people call them not a metal band?"

Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been and Beside You in Time... hell even that fan made one is amazing. Can always put them on and go WHOA.

I'd also put in Alice in Chains - Unplugged, it's a bonafide classic. Watched their Music Box DVD in 5.1 the other day as well and holy shit I love that band.

Metallica's Cunning Stunts is fucking legendary, even if you don't like the Load era. Probably my favourite live version of Fade to Black. Kirk's solos in that version are probably better than the CD. Obviously Seattle 89 is a no brainer. Nimes on bluray goes fuckin' orright too!

Bruce Springsteen's Live in Barcelona DVD is amazing. I also like his Blood Brothers movie thing.

Led Zeppelin's Song Remains The Same is pure genius as well, if that one counts.