What kind of translations would people like?

Dec 7, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Very exact, line by line, or more verse by verse with a bit better english, and that tries to give the same fealings and notions - the same atmosphere that are described in the song? Have anyone gotten a fealing of the translations at all? (I mean my translations, then, although there aren't many of those yet...)
Translating Vintersorg/Otyg lyrics is translating poetry just as good as the great and famous poets' poetry; that is difficult. There's one thing to translate the words, but another to translate the poetry; the fealigs and the atmosphere.
I try to give you both the words and the atmosphere, but then the poetry, the rhythm and the rhymes are left out. Is that okay? I reckond the fealigs and then the words are the most important? Do others agree?
I'd very much like to hear what others think about it.:confused:

Go for the mood and the feeling, since that's the most important. Yeah, you might lose the flow of the verses, but that's what happens when you translate languages.

I know what you mean, and keeping the verse metrics isn't that important at all, after all, what can you expect from a foreign language?

:)

Btw, please, don't forget to translate the lyrics to "Ödemarkens Son"... that's the only all-Swedish Vintersorg album I've got. And I'd really appreciate it if you give it a try to the two Swedish songs in Cosmic Genesis.

:p

The Winter's Sadness...