What metal ubergroup had the best return to their roots- Metallica or Megadeth?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Which album was better, The World Needs a Hero- or St. Anger?

One thing that is clear, neither band can write decent lyrics anymore- some kind of monster- and 1000 times goodbye are excellent examples.

My Personal opinion is that Megadeth's return was better- it might not be a good album- or innovative in any degree- but I can at least listen to it, and somewhat enjoy it. Whereas St. Anger sounds like a trainwreck to me, full of long highly repetitive and uninteresting songs, no solos, or examplery musicianmanship, and poor production.

i think both are equally as lame. and neither band went back to their roots in those albums
~gR~

St. Anger is a much better example of a good album then TWNAH will ever be. Megadeth only recorded 1:30 seconds of good material for that album and it was Silent Scorn. Everything is on that album is blasphemy compared to their earlier stuff. In fact, I was insulted by it, I thought it was a poor excuse for an album and half-assed. Atleast Metallica did not make an attempt to overtly return to their older style and developed a new one for themselves.