What metal will be piercing my brain for the next 24 hours...

_324243_xray300.jpg

Papa Josh said:
For the next 24 hours, my ears will be consuming the entire discographies of the following:

KREATOR (minus endless pain... don't have it.

Just finished listening to that one 20 minutes ago. Now I'm bobbin my head to Tempo of the Damned.

Today is officially - "Listened to cd's I haven't listened to in months day"

I tried doing an Iron Maiden marathon one time on the coach to one of their gigs...I think I got as far as Somewhere In Time and my brain melted :loco:

STORM OF
THE BEAST YEAH
STORM OF
THE BEAST ALRIGHT

LOL ... that one is great. I love those early releases from these non English speaking bands .... Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Sepultura ... fucking riot :D

I ended up listening to Morbid Angel's Covenant. It was okay. "God of Emptiness" fucking kicked my ass. Now it's the first two Kreator albums, and THEN Sabbat.

The best Metalengrisch lyrics ever are definitely Artillery: "When shit turns to gold, the poor will be born without ass!"

I usually do marathons when some tragedy hits a band or person, like death or a breakup. They last about 4 days then I'm back to the usual listening habits. Pantera and Alice in Chains were the two most recent examples. :cry:

Or, if I'm new to a group and completely obsess over them, that'll last for a few months at times. Hypocrisy, Kyuss (and related), and King Crimson were huge for many months in a row within the last several years.

Pyrus said:
I ended up listening to Morbid Angel's Covenant. It was okay. "God of Emptiness" fucking kicked my ass.
Yeah that song pretty much shits all over Covenant, good thing it's the last track. Also the only track scratched to fuck and usually unplayable on my copy, I think I wore it out over repeated listens. :mad:

I've never been one to try to listen to a band's entire catalogue in one sitting, even when I'm on a massive kick I'll try to squeeze in some new music while listening to one band constantly, this usually happens before a concert and/or a new release by one of my personal gods...

...not on the day of the concert if I can help it, for me that's right up there with the "don't wear that band's T-shirt" rule.

Pyrus said:
I ended up listening to Morbid Angel's Covenant. It was okay. "God of Emptiness" fucking kicked my ass. Now it's the first two Kreator albums, and THEN Sabbat.

The best Metalengrisch lyrics ever are definitely Artillery: "When shit turns to gold, the poor will be born without ass!"
Vulcano, "Welcome To The Army":

This is the mad house
You've got to learn
How to get crazy
This is no fun
You'll do what they want you to do
You must be quite clever to get out
Before you loose [sic] your mind
This is the mad house
Don't be afraid
They're gonna take care of you
Until your last day
Welcome to hell
Can you hear the army bells?
They want you to be a slave
There is no other way
Yes sir
No sir
Excuse me sir
Thank you sir
Now, what do we have here?
A fresh chicken rising from his mom's ass
Hey boy, what's wrong with your hair?
You always seem to keep it long

:loco:

Pyrus, the only good Morbid Angel albums are the first two. And Papa Josh I'm sorry that you are choosing to listen to the entire discography of Behemoth, but it's your choice.

Papa Josh said:
Weakest fucking track on the album, and the video is pure Velveeta.
You're nuts. :loco:

The only essential Morbid Angel are the following albums:

Abominations of Desolation
Altars of Madness
Blessed are the Sick
Covenant
Domination
Entangled in Chaos
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Gateways to Annihilation
Heretic.

The others might as well not even exist.

Listening to entire discographies can be fun, if only to hear how a band progressed over te years. But yes, a lot of bands can become boring after an album or three.