What Music Have You Bought Recently?

basscom_orange300.gif

I need to give Bass Communion a couple of good listen being as obsessed with Steven as I am.

Maybe he or she is a good child who doesn't download music ... Lars would be proud.

eMusic DL's:

1163924797_origin.gif

Borknagar - Origin

archaiccoursepl8.jpg

Borknagar - The Archaic Course

and some music for my kids, too, probably not worth mentioning here. I'm trying to find stuff that's good, that they'll like, but won't drive me crazy. For trips to and from preschool.

I recently got Helms Alee - Night Terror, Nick Drake - Pink Moon (the only one I don't have a hard copy of for some reason) and fresh copies of MAYH and Damnation. Oh and I brought a hard copy of The Maniacal Vale, far too good not to physically own.

^If when they grow up they listen to panic at the disco! and/or 50 cent it will be all your fault! :lol:

Well, I do my best. My oldest (3 and a half) used to like Opeth (there's a thread here with some funny stuff she said about Opeth a while ago), but now she thinks it's too scary. I have to respect that. To try to force scary music on her is just bad parenting.

FYI: Her current favorite is the song "No!" by They Might Be Giants.

eMusic DL's:

1163924797_origin.gif

Borknagar - Origin

archaiccoursepl8.jpg

Borknagar - The Archaic Course

and some music for my kids, too, probably not worth mentioning here. I'm trying to find stuff that's good, that they'll like, but won't drive me crazy. For trips to and from preschool.

just play your music. I take my nephews out all the time and but metal one. My brother doesn't like it but i don't care. Maybe they'll get into it. I am gonna do the same if i ever have kids

LOVE Jeff Buckley's "Grace," what a fantastic album.

Yesterday I picked up the new Enslaved album here in the UK. Yay for early European releases! I haven't listened to much else.
Also bought Swallow the Sun "Plague of Butterflies." and Daylight Dies "Lost to the Living" finally. It was a very fruitful day.

Well, I do my best. My oldest (3 and a half) used to like Opeth (there's a thread here with some funny stuff she said about Opeth a while ago), but now she thinks it's too scary. I have to respect that. To try to force scary music on her is just bad parenting.

FYI: Her current favorite is the song "No!" by They Might Be Giants.

How did you avoid High School Musical with her?

My 4yr old daughter leans towards Power Metal but my 5 1/2yr old son is more in to prog rock...

How did you avoid High School Musical with her?

My 4yr old daughter leans towards Power Metal but my 5 1/2yr old son is more in to prog rock...

Well, I avoid the Disney Channel, for one. I think HS Musical would be boring to her at this point. The Wiggles are my greatest adversary right now.

On a funny note, I had on the radio in the car the other day and the kids were in back. On the radio, Skid Row's "I Remember You", which brought back some memories. I turned it up, and in the back seat, I hear my 3 year old saying, "Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy!" So I turn around to see her throwing double horns. She says nothing, but has a smug look of satisfaction on her face that really suited the moment. I laughed my ass off.