What Music Have You Bought Recently?

c85533ay128.jpg
200px-Bloodbath-BreedingDeath.jpg

Lost Highway - Original Soundtrack
Bloodbath - Breeding Death EP

Very nice! Both of 'em!

HUH???

Wiggles are good but HS musical is boring?

Don't look at me. She's 3 years old. She likes silly songs about food and whatnot. I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what HS Musical even is. Seeing as how she's 3, I'm figuring HS anything is probably not really suited for her. Maybe if I were familiar with it, I could better decide, but seeing as how I don't have to be yet, I'll put that one off.

Don't look at me. She's 3 years old. She likes silly songs about food and whatnot. I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what HS Musical even is. Seeing as how she's 3, I'm figuring HS anything is probably not really suited for her. Maybe if I were familiar with it, I could better decide, but seeing as how I don't have to be yet, I'll put that one off.

Mine just turned 4 and it's great to watch her dance and sing to HS musical... You threw me off by commenting on it when you didn't really know what it's about since it's far more interesting then Wiggles which aren't getting any air play here anymore...

My niece is 4 and she is crazy into High school musical. IMO, most music and shows geared towards children made lately is complete trash and have no value like they use to. my children will be raised on the classics. winnie the pooh will be my main choice for all things: tv, music, books.

My niece is 4 and she is crazy into High school musical. IMO, most music and shows geared towards children made lately is complete trash and have no value like they use to. my children will be raised on the classics. winnie the pooh will be my main choice for all things: tv, music, books.

Noble intentions, my friend. I wish you the best in that pursuit! You can't go wrong with WTP, especially classic WTP.

My daughter just LOVES silly shit right now. Her favorites are Laurie Berkner (she's always asking for the "Sheep on your Head song"), "No!" by TMBG (no plus no equals no, no no no no no no no.....), and "Crazy ABC" by BNL (a is for aisle, b is for bdelium, c is for csar and if you see him would you mind telling him? D is for djinn, e is for euphrates.... etc. etc.) I keep trying to find kids albums that A) I can download from eMusic, and B) are musically interesting to me. That way, I don't find myself humming the theme from Go, Diego Go by mistake. (Although, that Rescue Pack song kicks ass, if you know what I'm talking about...)

So, that being said, any kids music ideas? And if your idea is to make my kids listen to my music, that's not gonna happen. Some of it, yes. Is there a kids metal album?? That would be great. A Blind Guardian ABC or something? A is for Arwen, B is for Balrog.:lol:

So, that being said, any kids music ideas? And if your idea is to make my kids listen to my music, that's not gonna happen. Some of it, yes. Is there a kids metal album?? That would be great. A Blind Guardian ABC or something? A is for Arwen, B is for Balrog.:lol:

c is for cannibal corpse

Im going to buy Amon Amarths new album tonight.....cant wait...from wat Ive heard so far...its freakin awesome...so fast and relentless.......i lvoe that band...simply coz they are just straight up metal...no gimmick no nothing......PEAC EOUT

Is there a kids metal album?? That would be great. A Blind Guardian ABC or something? A is for Arwen, B is for Balrog.:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: very funny! and to the person who said stay away from veggie tales, im going to have to disagree. veggie tales is a good thing to get ur kids into. it always has a good message and its not all flashy and commercialized like HS musical and such.

On a funny note, I had on the radio in the car the other day and the kids were in back. On the radio, Skid Row's "I Remember You", which brought back some memories. I turned it up, and in the back seat, I hear my 3 year old saying, "Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy!" So I turn around to see her throwing double horns. She says nothing, but has a smug look of satisfaction on her face that really suited the moment. I laughed my ass off.

Hahaha!!! Brilliant! You'll be glad to know that they do in fact grow out of the Wiggles phase. My now six year old son was HEAVY into the Wiggles when he was three and four. He now digs pretty much whatever I have in the CD player. He actually asked me to play the Epica CD for him the other day. I was very proud. :) I can't wait to take him to his first concert when he gets a little older.

Picked up Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God and Bison B.C.'s Quiet Earth yesterday. Twilight is pretty solid. If you like AA, you will like the new one. AA doesn't stray too much in their formula for better or worse. It also has a DVD of a live show. I haven't watched that yet but it is a nice touch. I think bands are figuring out that you need to include extra stuff like that that can't be downloaded easily so that people will have a reason to actually buy the album. Bison B.C.'s album is average. I heard one of the songs on XM and really liked it so I figured I would take a chance. If I knew then what I know now, I would have got something different.

I ordered a bunch of Hydra Head stuff a few days back so that should be here soon.
Pelican - Australasia (Japanese import that includes Untitled EP)
Pelican - City Of Echoes
Pelican - After The Ceiling Cracked DVD + 3" MCD
Isis - Oceanic
Isis - In The Absence Of Truth

I couldnt wait...and so went out on my Lunchy muncnhies break and bought the "TWILIGHT OF THE THUNDER GOD" CD/DVD......thats aweosme.....listened to the CD.....its solid AA ....they even got some guest spots...a solo from CoB guitarist on title track and then teh guys from Apocalypica on one song....havent seen the DVD yet.....cant wait to.....shoudl be aweosme fun....all my fav songs are on it...hahaha.....!!!!....PEAC EOUT

So I checked out theh new AA.....the DVD KICKS ASS guys.....such a powerful and energetic performance.....i sang/growled laong to him......barely got to the 3rd song and my voice gave up.....i dont know how these full on growlers/grunters do it.....but yeah teh New CD kicks as..."Twilight of teh thunger God" is a awesome song and the video really is good actually.....i always thought amon amarth woudl be perfect to go with Lord of the rings........awesome band and aweosme CD....>PEAC EOUT

to the person who said stay away from veggie tales, im going to have to disagree. veggie tales is a good thing to get ur kids into. it always has a good message and its not all flashy and commercialized like HS musical and such.

My comments were strictly about the theme song sticking in your head for hours... I have nothing against the "good message" they are preaching...

I have to comment about comparing the VT's "message" with "HS musical and such" being wrong since it's comparing two completely different things so I don't understand why you presented it as a factor....