What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Lateralus - Tool
In Absentia - Porcupine tree

Now proceeding to buy the entire discography of both bands, cos they're farcken orsum

I've been trying to download the entire PT discography. I've bought all their full lengths through either iTunes or online (I know, it's horrible) but I've had to download the majority of them. I now have almost 5 gigs of their music, and I still haven't finished it.

ALEPH - In Tenebra
EWIGKEIT - Conspiritus
X-PIRAL - Hunters
RHAPSODY - Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - The New Black
RED WINE - Cenizas
MAHAVATAR - From The Sun, The Rain, The Wind, The Soil
FORCE OF EVIL - Black Empire
THINE EYES BLEED - In The Wake Of Separation
VOIVOD - Katorz
HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM - Murder Nature
MONUMENTUM - Metastasi
ROTTING CHRIST - Non Serviam (reissue w/ bonus)
NIGHTINGALE - Alive Again
TWELFTH OF NEVER - Things That Were

Huge disappointment for me, although I'm a Devy fanboy. Alien was spectacular, this one just plain sucks imo.
Same here. As far as I've heard, Devin has a perfect track-record otherwise. Can't win every time though I guess.

And on that note, the last three albums I grabbed were all by Devin: ZTO (finally got around to buying the two disc edition), Hummer and DevLab. Can't wait for 'em to arrive!

ROUNDHOUSE TAPES DVD arrived a few days ago!

i was pretty confused and disappointed at first bc i also had this "volume going up and down" problem first as reported in that other thread, but when i changed the options in my DVD playing software it got better. Now, the show is great, the only thing worrying me is that they change camera perspective with nearly every bar in the music ... got used to it to some extent, but it's still hard to watch.

ROUNDHOUSE TAPES DVD arrived a few days ago!

i was pretty confused and disappointed at first bc i also had this "volume going up and down" problem first as reported in that other thread, but when i changed the options in my DVD playing software it got better. Now, the show is great, the only thing worrying me is that they change camera perspective with nearly every bar in the music ... got used to it to some extent, but it's still hard to watch.

Ugh, I hate the changing camera perspective. Iron Maiden is notoriously guilty of thinking that many edits = epic greatness. Harry said that Rock in Rio (I think, maybe Death on the Road) had more edits than Saving Private Ryan. As if that were a good thing. I prefer to watch as if I were there, with some close-ups interspersed during solos. But maybe I'm just old.

ENSLAVED_-_VERTEBRAE.jpg

Ugh, I hate the changing camera perspective. Iron Maiden is notoriously guilty of thinking that many edits = epic greatness. Harry said that Rock in Rio (I think, maybe Death on the Road) had more edits than Saving Private Ryan. As if that were a good thing. I prefer to watch as if I were there, with some close-ups interspersed during solos. But maybe I'm just old.

then im old too. mtv style dvds suck

A long time ago, I bought a Led Zeppelin DVD only to find the footage modified with psychedelic effects which, IMO, wrecked the so called "concert footage". It was almost unbearable realizing I forked out 30 bucks for what seemed like a collection of music videos rather than concert footage.

Damn it! I read all of this crap about The New Black THE SAME DAY as I get my USED and NON-RETURNABLE copy in the mail! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ lol! Well, you know there are actually people (see above) who like that album. Maybe you'll like it :) Also, for me there are still way worse albums than TNB.