What Music Have You Bought Recently?

neil young is a genius.

I've always wanted to see him live.

Four years ago, there were 2 concerts near where I live on the same day. Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo and John Prine were playing in Des Moines and Dave Matthews was playing at Iowa State University about 30 miles away. Both concerts were basically put on to rev people up about voting in the 2004 presidential election. Apparently Neil Young showed up unannounced at the Des Moines show, played a few songs, then drove up I-35 to Ames and played a few more songs at the Dave Matthews show. My neighbor was at the Dave Matthews show and he said the place went berzerk when Young came on stage. I'm not a big Dave Matthews fan but that would have been awesome to see!

I've always wanted to see him live.

Four years ago, there were 2 concerts near where I live on the same day. Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo and John Prine were playing in Des Moines and Dave Matthews was playing at Iowa State University about 30 miles away. Both concerts were basically put on to rev people up about voting in the 2004 presidential election. Apparently Neil Young showed up unannounced at the Des Moines show, played a few songs, then drove up I-35 to Ames and played a few more songs at the Dave Matthews show. My neighbor was at the Dave Matthews show and he said the place went berzerk when Young came on stage. I'm not a big Dave Matthews fan but that would have been awesome to see!

haha, i live in iowa too! i am from the southeast part near burlington.

Cool. I'm in Des Moines.

Did you see bad flooding this summer?

yeah, it was terrible. the town went without power for a long time. the bridge to illinois was closed for months, and alot of people who work in burlington live in illinois.

how bout u? was it pretty bad in des moines?

eMusic DL's:

300x300.jpg

Swallow the Sun - Hope

300x300.jpg

Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

300x300.jpg

Hammers of Misfortune - Fields

300x300.jpg

Hammers of Misfortune - Church of Broken Glass

goblin3.jpg

Goblin - Suspiria

and DL'ed this for free:

300x300.jpg

Rautavaara - Free Sampler

Was actually thinking recently how great another Paatos full length would be. Listened to Timeloss for the first time in a while yesterday, great album. Hopefully 09 will see another.

Ah... thanks for reminding me of these :)

They're wicked awesome. I think the new lineup works. I was sort of afraid of missing Mike Scalzi, but it turns out that they sound, in some ways, better. I mean, Mike has a distinctive voice, but the new vocalists Patrick Goodwin and Jesse Quattro do great jobs.

yeah, it was terrible. the town went without power for a long time. the bridge to illinois was closed for months, and alot of people who work in burlington live in illinois.

how bout u? was it pretty bad in des moines?

Parts of downtown got it. One neighborhood got hit pretty bad when a levee broke but it floods there any time there is a bad rain so it wasn't unexpected. I live in the western suburbs which are a lot higher than downtown. I was smack in the middle of the floods in 93 and I vowed that I would never buy a house in any low-lying area in Des Moines.

I have a few friends from college that live in Cedar Rapids and they got hammered!