What Music Have You Bought Recently?

House of Seance said:
...not really stuff you can listen to very regularly though

Not?
Well, their second album, Disco Volante is reaaaally hard listened. Otherwise, I find them quite entertaining and good :p

Disasters apprentices said:
Not?
Well, their second album, Disco Volante is reaaaally hard listened. Otherwise, I find them quite entertaining and good :p

well I guess it depends on the song... Carry Stress in the Jaw/secret song is a tune I can listen to anytime... Merry Go Bye Bye isn't :erk: lol

House of Seance said:
well I guess it depends on the song... Carry Stress in the Jaw/secret song is a tune I can listen to anytime... Merry Go Bye Bye isn't :erk: lol

Of course. Not the whole album. But If you compare the three. Which one is the hardest? :p Which one containes the most noice and just... weird stuff? :D Yup, It's disco volante! :p

House of Seance said:
I haven't heard a whole lot of Fantomas... what I have heard though didn't really interest me... especially Delirium Cordia
delirium cordia is, well... boring. if you haven't checked out the first two albums, you probably should. they sound nothing like delirium cordia. pure wackiness.

I felt that the 'pure wackiness' of Mr Bungle got pretty tiresome pretty quickly. Sure, i did like the craziness at first...but within a few listens i kinda felt they were using it to escape writing proper, well-formed songs.

So yeah, i resold the cds i had bought (got 3 albums at once). Not my thing.

i don't put them on too often either. i need to be in the mood for wackiness. same for fantomas. if i just have to sing the words 'ha ti kia ta hai ti ka', i will put 'Amenaza Al Mundo'. fortunately, the urge usually does not overcome me.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
I felt that the 'pure wackiness' of Mr Bungle got pretty tiresome pretty quickly. Sure, i did like the craziness at first...but within a few listens i kinda felt they were using it to escape writing proper, well-formed songs.

So yeah, i resold the cds i had bought (got 3 albums at once). Not my thing.

Pretty much the same thing..

I like Carnival in Coal alot though. They have great albums with brilliant wackiness!

Carnival in Coal - Shemale Whoregasm:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=35624216

today i gave in to my urges and bought the cd of RUUN before the vinyl came out. also got:
john digweed and sasha - delta theory dvd
georges gurdjieff/thomas de hartmann - music for piano vol.2 (music of the sayyids and dervishes) - this one is interesting. gurdjieff was apparently a religious figure of sorts in the earlier part of the 20th century. he was promoting his own blend of eastern and western religions. some artists in paris gathered around him as well. he didn't know how to write music and he would hum to his pupil de hartmann and after a number of back and forths, they would end up composing a short piano piece. i have another cd in which some of their works are transcribed for cello and piano and that one is amazing.
leos janacek - orchestral works (danube, moravian dances, suite no.3)
antonio vivaldi - 18 flute concertos (performed by i musici)

zombi_cover.jpg

maddermortem-desiderata.jpg

void-front.jpg

James Brown "The Complete Apollo Concert"
Neutral "Walpurgis Night at Luisen Kirche"
Orchis "Trait"
Moon Far Away "Sator"

I recently bought Tool's '10,000 days' and Cult of Luna's 'Somewhere along the highway' (along with one copy of the 500 ultra-rare 7-vinyls). Well worth the money!

derbeder said:
delirium cordia is, well... boring. if you haven't checked out the first two albums, you probably should. they sound nothing like delirium cordia. pure wackiness.

Are you fucking serious? Delirium Cordia is pure genius. Next time, listen to it with what the artists had in mind. The imagery and musicianship are top-notch

Are you fucking serious? Delirium Cordia is pure genius. Next time, listen to it with what the artists had in mind. The imagery and musicianship are top-notch

People either think the album sucks, or that it's pure genius, that's something I noticed about it.

I think it's very cool for what it is. It's definitely listenable... once. It isn't interesting enough to make me want to listen to it again, at least for a long time. It drags and is repetitive at times. I'm guessing even Patton knew it was something that isn't to be listened to often. I don't know why else he would've tacked on that god awful ending. I can't think that anyone would ever loosely throw Delirium Cordia in between Harlequin Forest and Hours of Wealth... it's just not listenable in that respect, with that 19 minutes of a record skipping and nothing else at the end especially.

I'm still yet to check out much else Fantomas though, I want to soon.