What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Rødt_Og_Svart said:
Are you fucking serious? Delirium Cordia is pure genius. Next time, listen to it with what the artists had in mind. The imagery and musicianship are top-notch

Ahahahahahaa. Seriously, wtf are you on about? How does one 'listen to it with what the artist had in mind'? You've spoken with him? He advised you on the proper mentality needed to listen? He explained how the difference between it being 'pure genius' and 'shit' is all in your head?

Ive had a loooooong day at work, and i really do need sleep, but even in this state i can smell the bullshit wafting from your post a mile off.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Ahahahahahaa. Seriously, wtf are you on about? How does one 'listen to it with what the artist had in mind'? You've spoken with him? He advised you on the proper mentality needed to listen? He explained how the difference between it being 'pure genius' and 'shit' is all in your head?

Ive had a loooooong day at work, and i really do need sleep, but even in this state i can smell the bullshit wafting from your post a mile off.

listen to morte macabre while youre babysitting your neighbors kids.

then listen to it the next night by yourself in the dark.

tell me which was more effective.

NineFeetUnderground said:
listen to morte macabre while youre babysitting your neighbors kids.

then listen to it the next night by yourself in the dark.

tell me which was more effective.

Effectiveness is one thing. Going from considering it crap to pure genius is another - do you honestly think you would no longer like morte macabre at all when babysitting (an extreme anyway)? I doubt it. You just might not like it as much.

Derbeder said nothing about how he listened to it. And yet that guy stupidly replies that he "didn't have what the artist intended in mind", a statement so vague as to move into just plain funny territory.

Come back when you have an argument nfu. You're more entertaining then.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Effectiveness is one thing. Going from considering it crap to pure genius is another - do you honestly think you would no longer like morte macabre at all when babysitting (an extreme anyway)? I doubt it. You just might not like it as much.

Derbeder said nothing about how he listened to it. And yet that guy stupidly replies that he "didn't have what the artist intended in mind", a statement so vague as to move into just plain funny territory.

Come back when you have an argument nfu. You're more entertaining then.

i like how you talk down to me now. without nfu, youd still be that douchebag riding the log carved into a penis who didnt know his ass from his elbow. spare me.

the point is i was merely stating that mindset and circumstance are a lot to do with how one perceives and gets drawn into an album. theres albums i havent liked at all until i gave them my undivided attention. so to answer your question...yes...yes i think its possible you could have not liked morte macabre at all if you listened to it while babysitting...in theory.

B00005JY2E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

NineFeetUnderground said:
i like how you talk down to me now. without nfu, youd still be that douchebag riding the log carved into a penis who didnt know his ass from his elbow. spare me.

the point is i was merely stating that mindset and circumstance are a lot to do with how one perceives and gets drawn into an album. theres albums i havent liked at all until i gave them my undivided attention. so to answer your question...yes...yes i think its possible you could have not liked morte macabre at all if you listened to it while babysitting...in theory.

So to paraphrase, "I built you, I can destroy you"? Christ man, at this rate I would not be surprised in the least for you to start wearing a cape with your name on it around the home - you've already begun on the self-references in the 3rd person. I think your ass has been pretty well kissed by most around here by now, so forgive me if I ignore your whiny condescension.

Attention is not the same thing as mindset at all, which is why your analogy of babysitting is so poor. Theres no reason to assume that the guy didn't like the album due to not paying attention, and it is not attention that derbeder spoke of. It is not even circumstance that he spoke of. Did you read anything before, or just sense someone potentially disagreeing with you and rush to post?

the_3_toed_sloth said:
So to paraphrase, "I built you, I can destroy you"? Christ man, at this rate I would not be surprised in the least for you to start wearing a cape with your name on it around the home - you've already begun on the self-references in the 3rd person. I think your ass has been pretty well kissed by most around here by now, so forgive me if I ignore your whiny condescension.

Attention is not the same thing as mindset at all, which is why your analogy of babysitting is so poor. Theres no reason to assume that the guy didn't like the album due to not paying attention, and it is not attention that derbeder spoke of. It is not even circumstance that he spoke of. Did you read anything before, or just sense someone potentially disagreeing with you and rush to post?

disagreeing with me? i hadnt even been a part of the conversation until that moment. "wtf are you on about"

delirium cordia did not captivate me enough on first couple listens to make it worthwhile for me to pay special attention to it. i have enjoyed some moments on the album, but these were too spread out within the one track that constitutes the album. one track that lasts 75 minutes with about 20 minutes of the sound of a skipping disc has the tendency to quickly become background music. there are long periods of white noise with not much happening on top of it, and very few passages offer a contrast to these sections(especially in the second half of the album). music can last 75 minutes but can be more interesting through the use of different musical ideas. a late beethoven string quartet (op.130, say) can be over an hour long but there isn't a single moment that is wasted. it can be rather different with morton feldman's string quartet no.2, for instance (one performance of which took 6 hours with no interruption). mike patton has expressed appreciation of feldman and perhaps he was experimenting with using few musical ideas with little variation in rhythm over a long time in the way feldman was in some of his works (of course, there is much more going on in delirium cordia than in feldman's quartet). i am not offering this as a speculation about patton's influences when composing the album, but that's what i first thought of after listening to it. i am giving the album a spin right now, but my judgment has hardly changed in the last half hour.

Benighted Joe said:
The most recent records I've bought are Dark Tranquillity's "Character"
and Blackwater Park's "Dirt box" (no, not Opeth, the german group).

I thought they were Australian.

Anyway:
Dredg - El Cielo
Caravan - In the land of grey and pink
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the eye