What Music Have You Bought Recently?

lately attempted to start scratching the surface of the surface of prog and related genres... have ordered/bought over 12 albums total by Paatos, Brand X, Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR, Comus, and Nektar, as well as a couple others... hopefully I've made good choices, as not all of them have arrived yet, and will definitely give them plenty of time to sink in before venturing on another purchase spree

House of Seance said:
lately attempted to start scratching the surface of the surface of prog and related genres... have ordered/bought over 12 albums total by Paatos, Brand X, Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR, Comus, and Nektar, as well as a couple others... hopefully I've made good choices, as not all of them have arrived yet, and will definitely give them plenty of time to sink in before venturing on another purchase spree
what zappa cd did you get

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
Riverside - Voices in My Head
Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice

After reading 1000 recommendations finally decided to check out Ulver.......Blood Inside is absolutely sick! What an album.

Also Soul Position - (the new one), anyone who likes hip hop should be on this, RJD2 and Blueprint are top of the line.

Talking Meat said:
After reading 1000 recommendations finally decided to check out Ulver.......Blood Inside is absolutely sick! What an album.

Welllll, at least you spelt it with a k. Ulver really are one of the few bands i like everything they've ever done - the metal releases, the EPs, the mostly spoken word experimental, the new insanity. Amazing stuff.

You need Perdition City next. Emphasize this enough i cannot.

Talking Meat said:

Also Soul Position - (the new one), anyone who likes hip hop should be on this, RJD2 and Blueprint are top of the line.

it only took 1000? i usually wait for abotu 3000 recommendations before i can be bothered to check anything out. you must have heard a lot of bandz.

Cannibal Corpse - "The Wretched Spawn" (it's a fat digipac w/ a "Making of" DVD)

Witchery - "Don't Fear the Reaper"

and Dark Tranquility - "Character"

I've been enjoying each ..... no regrets here :)

Today I bought
Tool - 10000 Days
Ernst Bloch - Complete Works for Viola and Piano (Daniel Raiskin, viola; Lisa Smirnova, piano)
Paul Oakenfold - A Voyage into Trance (CD+DVD)

Mr Samsara said:
Cannibal Corpse - "The Wretched Spawn" (it's a fat digipac w/ a "Making of" DVD)

Witchery - "Don't Fear the Reaper"

and Dark Tranquility - "Character"

I've been enjoying each ..... no regrets here :)

I was very dissapointed with character to be honest. Its a pity they turned like that really. The Gallery is definatley the best DT album ive heard.

Crimson II. ONe of Swano's better records. But I can't help but think this album is just the death metal version of Diabolical Masquerade.