What Music Have You Bought Recently?

within the last few weeks:

Ludicra - Fex Orbis Lex Urbis
Satyricon - Now Diabolical
Gehenna - Seen through the Veils of Darkness
Bjork - Vespertine
Enslaved - Monumension
Radiohead - Lullaby Renditions/Baby Rock

btw to whoever was asking, that new Insomnium is excellent. less acoustic breaks and doomy elements than their last one but still an outstanding piece of melodic death. get it!

-gg
np: Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick

Last couple of weeks these records:
Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick
Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding
Tourniquet - Psychosurgery
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance

And today I ordered from Play.com:
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream :kickass:

Bought Today:
200px-PainOfSalvation-Entropia.jpg

cover_742211912006.jpg

934_8758.jpg

The last month -

Skinny Puppy - Mythmaker
The Tear Garden - Tired Eyes Slowly Burning
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings

I have no idea when it was released, but I just came back from the record shop with it. Probably it was released here earlier than the US.

Humm
And music-wise?

The verdict is still out with me on this. It doesn't make me, on the first few listens, jump and say "Holy shit! Thisis great!" The fact that after a couple of listens I don't find it very memorable may say something. I just can't remember much about it. People say the dynamic shifts are awesome in that the interplay bewteen soft and heavy is really interesting. And it is pretty good. It's not your typical "nowit's mellow, now it's heavy" sort of thing. It's more gradual, so you find yourself in a mellow section, and you only realize it after it's been going on for a while. I don'tknow if that makes any sense...:erk:

In fact, of the stuff I got recently, my favorites actaully are the Scar Symmetry album Pitch Black Progress (jaw dropping leads, great rhythms, and actual singing that could have been really power-metally annoying but is instead really good) and the Ludicra album. I actually recommend the Ludicra to people who like Hammers of Misfortune and Wolves in the Throne Room.

Do you have Unholy Cadaver? It's Hammers demo EP, when they were flirting more with BM. It's got all the stuff that is missing on albums beyond The Bastard. And Ludicra has John from Hammers, thus the comparison. There are similarities. BTW, the Ludicra I've heard is Another Great Love Song. Doesn't sound like a BM album title, but it's really good.

Dude. RUN out and get WITTR. Seriously. I listen to it all the time. Very enjoyable.

The verdict is still out with me on this. It doesn't make me, on the first few listens, jump and say "Holy shit! Thisis great!" The fact that after a couple of listens I don't find it very memorable may say something. I just can't remember much about it. People say the dynamic shifts are awesome in that the interplay bewteen soft and heavy is really interesting. And it is pretty good. It's not your typical "nowit's mellow, now it's heavy" sort of thing. It's more gradual, so you find yourself in a mellow section, and you only realize it after it's been going on for a while. I don'tknow if that makes any sense...:erk:

In fact, of the stuff I got recently, my favorites actaully are the Scar Symmetry album Pitch Black Progress (jaw dropping leads, great rhythms, and actual singing that could have been really power-metally annoying but is instead really good) and the Ludicra album. I actually recommend the Ludicra to people who like Hammers of Misfortune and Wolves in the Throne Room.
Awesome. Thanks for the input Dave. I'll check out Ludicra and Scar Symmetry.

As far as recommendations goes, you might like Paysage D'hiver - Shattengang. Think of WITTR meet Vinterriket (if you're familiar with them) meet Burzum. I just received my copy and I'm completely blown away.

Here's a sample: http://rapidshare.com/files/16454944/torremond.mp3.html

cool package too:
3.jpeg

Do you have Unholy Cadaver? It's Hammers demo EP, when they were flirting more with BM. It's got all the stuff that is missing on albums beyond The Bastard. And Ludicra has John from Hammers, thus the comparison. There are similarities. BTW, the Ludicra I've heard is Another Great Love Song. Doesn't sound like a BM album title, but it's really good.

Dude. RUN out and get WITTR. Seriously. I listen to it all the time. Very enjoyable.

I don't have Unholy Cadaver.... Any suggestions where I can get it?

Thanks again for the recomendations....

Awesome. Thanks for the input Dave. I'll check out Ludicra and Scar Symmetry.

As far as recommendations goes, you might like Paysage D'hiver - Shattengang. Think of WITTR meet Vinterriket (if you're familiar with them) meet Burzum. I just received my copy and I'm completely blown away.

Here's a sample: http://rapidshare.com/files/16454944/torremond.mp3.html

cool package too:
3.jpeg

Thanks. I'll see if I can find that. What is that package? I don't have a sense of perspective. Is it a book?

@LiquidTension: I subscribe to eMusic.com, and I downloaded it there. Looks out of print, but available digitally. You can find it on iTunes (at least in the US). eMusic encodes at a higher bitrate, fyi.