What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Haha, Vivaldi is fantastic! I ADORE the Four Seasons. Most notably, the Winter movement is absolutely incredible. The Storm, which I call it, is my favourite above all. So full of energy and the composition goes all over the place. Fantastic.
u said it! :) what other vivaldi records would u recommend?

Sergei Rachmaninoff - Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom (1910)

Chorus of the Bulgarian Radio, cond. Michil Milkov

u said it! :) what other vivaldi records would u recommend?

For a start try L'estro Armonico op.3 (12 concertos in total) from recordings by either I Musici or Europa Galante. Flute concertos op.10 are also very likable (either I Solisti Veneti or I Musici again). Cello sonatas are among my favorites . The recording by David Watkin and King's Consort is great. Complete cello concertos on 4cds is like $14 on Amazon and should not be missed for that price.

As good as Vivaldi is, he can never touch Frederic Chopin - the genius of emotive melody. Detric, I strongly recommend you check out some Chopin. The music he manifested is truly some of the most emotional I have ever heard. So subtle and peaceful yet so remarkably powerful.

Hehe, it's a good thing Derbeder is aware of other Vivaldi records. The Four Seasons is the only one I own.