What OH-mics should I buy?

utak666

New Metal Member
Oct 24, 2007
Finland
So I`m going to buy a new set of mics (hopefully stereopair). So here`s what I`m looking for:
-Bright, but "natural" top.
-I would probably use them with Drums 95% of time
-Reasonable price ( but I`m willing to pay, if they sound absolutely what I`m looking for).

What should I get?

if your budget doesn't allow for neumanns get yourself a pair of rode nt5s. they are a very good "bang for your buck" type deal. i believe in the US the matched pair costs like $500.

Shure SM7, a pair placed close on a good drummer sound great, and if the drummer sucks, put them higher, and they sound good.

It's funny, good drummers close, bad drummers far, and sound not so bad.

But I'm not saying this is the only way, but a reasonable price, sorta, used market...there are hundreds of better options in this price range though.

Sorry. I thought something like 400-700 euros for a pair. But like I said I`m willing to pay more if they`re exactly what I`m looking for.

I've been using a pair of AT3035's for overheads for a while now, I'm pretty happy with them. They are I'm sure far from the "best" for overheads, but they're relatively inexpensive and sound pretty good.

451's, km184s first choice.....sm81's a close and very good second.....mk-012s third.

I just watched the video in daylightdies.com. Is the sound recorded by you or do you play in it? It's great! The music too. I'm not fan of this style, but I reaaaly liked it!