What Opeth solos can you play?

Colonial Boy

Havenless
Apr 18, 2003
Portsmouth, UK
Visit site
I'm a not a very good player really so I can play very few. I can do the first solo in A Fair Judgement and can do about half of the second. The only other ones I can do perfectly is The Drapery Falls which is probably the easiest one and Bleak. Haven't tried any other yet. How about you?

U suck? I can play the intro to "Death Whispered a lullaby";)))))) how about that, then?;)) *but Im not a guitar player of course;)

I have been teaching myself for about 6 months so im not too good yet. I can play the intros to Benighted, Patterns in the Ivy, and The Funeral Portrait. I can also play that riff about two or three minutes into The Funeral Portrait.

I learnt most of Leper Affinity today :headbang: Most of the solos are very much along the same lines and seem to use the major scale so once you've learnt one you can pretty much do most of em. The exceptions are solos like White Cluster and Blackwater park which are a bit more tricky.

I know how to play the solos in:

Forest of October (only 2 of them, the 'main' one and the last one Mikael does by himself)
Epilogue (the whole song is a solo)
To Rid the Disease
Deliverance (Mikael's solo, not Peters, coz I dont like Peter's much)
Benighted

Right now I'm working on A Fair Judgement and Deliverance just whenever I get the spare time, because I've only recently tuned my guitar back to E. I've had it in D for the past 6 months and been only learning Children of Bodom stuff and writing my own music.

Any. Playing them is not important, making solos like em or in an equal quality level is what your goal should be. You first create something then you figure out and learn the skills needed to properly execute it.

The Drapery Falls (live edit)
The Drapery Falls (studio)
Masters Apprentice
A Fair Judgement (2nd)
Blackwater Park
Forest of October (both)